RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Why RDG is like a dead town now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:37 am

now, its december now.

The "founder", or whoever the mods are now, need to decide a few things if anything that needs to be decided :

1. What is the direction from Jan 2014 onwards. RDG is now almost defunct (some ppl believe)
2. What do this forum wanna provide for forumers and to the public
3. What positions need to be filled and how many committee members do you need
4. What are the standard annual RDG events, moving forward
5. how do we attract more from the public to join this forum


In my opinion, you need a few strong moderators

And i would also like to emphasise that whoever that are put in certain positions of moderation, cannot have personal agenda in doing their duties

It must serve as goodwill and in the well being of the forum



As i said, i have a few ideas how to make this forum come alive.

When requested, these ideas will be given with utmost goodwill and free of charge

Regards

Coke
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am

anyway

Getz-Ho brought me into this forum

that time i was drafted in for the Central Team.. we have the east team west team north team

all these lost in translation
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:20 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
now, its december now.

The "founder", or whoever the mods are now, need to decide a few things if anything that needs to be decided :

1. What is the direction from Jan 2014 onwards. RDG is now almost defunct (some ppl believe)
2. What do this forum wanna provide for forumers and to the public
3. What positions need to be filled and how many committee members do you need
4. What are the standard annual RDG events, moving forward
5. how do we attract more from the public to join this forum

In my opinion, you need a few strong moderators

And i would also like to emphasise that whoever that are put in certain positions of moderation, cannot have personal agenda in doing their duties

It must serve as goodwill and in the well being of the forum

As i said, i have a few ideas how to make this forum come alive.

When requested, these ideas will be given with utmost goodwill and free of charge

Regards

Coke

Very solid statement!  Cool
Steady!  cheers 
I can say tat I fully support Bro coco cola.  Wink
If there a place fr a committee tat has lesses work or support role, consider me. This s bcoz of my work committment n timing. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:45 am

Just to clarify, there is a big difference between committee and Mods. Mods are just in the forum and make sure no one monkey around with the forum, they don't make decision on what's the plan to move forward. The committees are the ones who make the call. If they don't take action, nothing will be done.

One of the reason that I felt that people are not coming forward to help is that they were approached to help but are given the sub-sub-committee title. They work while the committee gets the benefit. Personally felt that this is not right. All those who helped should get the benefits.

Why call committee when you are not committed? Isn't committee means someone who is committed to do a task?


Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:29 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Just to clarify, there is a big difference between committee and Mods. Mods are just in the forum and make sure no one monkey around with the forum, they don't make decision on what's the plan to move forward. The committees are the ones who make the call. If they don't take action, nothing will be done.

One of the reason that I felt that people are not coming forward to help is that they were approached to help but are given the sub-sub-committee title. They work while the committee gets the benefit. Personally felt that this is not right. All those who helped should get the benefits.

Why call committee when you are not committed? Isn't committee means someone who is committed to do a task?


Tx bro Neutralgolfer.  Wink
More voice pls. RDG ve to start now not somewhere near.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Like i said

for any forums to flourish, you need to have the following :

Committee : Leadership, foresight and resourcefulness to lead and innovate the forum ongoing
Mods : to regulate and de-regulate the forum on a regular basis
Forumers : to participate and add vibrancy to the forum

With these 3 groups of personnel, I'm sure this forum will flourish

Im passionate about this forum. and i hope the "owners" can decide whats the direction.

Having said that, there are a lot of things and history i do not know. So what i mentioned in my posts are for moving forward

Hope to see this forum back to her former glory
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:07 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
Like i said

for any forums to flourish, you need to have the following :

Committee : Leadership, foresight and resourcefulness to lead and innovate the forum ongoing
Mods : to regulate and de-regulate the forum on a regular basis
Forumers : to participate and add vibrancy to the forum

With these 3 groups of personnel, I'm sure this forum will flourish

Im passionate about this forum. and i hope the "owners" can decide whats the direction.

Having said that, there are a lot of things and history i do not know. So what i mentioned in my posts are for moving forward

Hope to see this forum back to her former glory

Seemed like no many log into RDG these days... Sad
Only handful voices n fm regulars... Crying or Very sad
Alr a rdg forumer, I wld love to volunteer fr a mod position if possi n allow to with the existg mods needed more helps due to their committed w heavy workload, families, golf n others.. Cool
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:18 am

Coke keen to be mod?
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:24 am

Is there any general meeting to be held soon?
Hope to hear more voice since some are concern what is RDG next direction
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:24 am

I think any committed forumer here can be mod

If the owner or mods appoint em
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 am

Yes, but we need someone like you that can lead and make this forum interesting .
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Getz

Thanks for the kind words

To make the Forum vibrant, we need to have a dedicated committee who can work well together and put their geniuses into use. I know there are many RDGians here with the brains.

Vibrancy is depending on teamwork of the committee and also good communication with the mods.

Running a forum with 1 man is like 1 golfer kana saddam by 11 players

Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 38
Location : North of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:47 am

looks really bad...came in and saw only few people log in only....
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
Getz

Thanks for the kind words

To make the Forum vibrant, we need to have a dedicated committee who can work well together and put their geniuses into use. I know there are many RDGians here with the brains.

Vibrancy is depending on teamwork of the committee and also good communication with the mods.

Running a forum with 1 man is like 1 golfer kana saddam by 11 players


Tats true, bro cocaaaa.  Cool
But can summon these bros and help up sincerely together w u n UL?  Question  Rolling Eyes 
We just needed 10 Spartans not 300!  queen
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 am

Cocaa mate, any response or pm fm the committees? Question
Outcome n update if. Tx mate. Smile
Otherwise, I personally think they re nt interested in any proposal..then tats disappointing. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:01 pm

ghkh wrote:
Cocaa mate, any response or pm fm the committees? Question
Outcome n update if. Tx mate. Smile
Otherwise, I personally think they re nt interested in any proposal..then tats disappointing. Crying or Very sad

So far no one PM me..or contact any of the committees....
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
ghkh wrote:
Cocaa mate, any response or pm fm the committees? Question
Outcome n update if. Tx mate. Smile
Otherwise, I personally think they re nt interested in any proposal..then tats disappointing. Crying or Very sad

So far no one PM me..or contact any of the committees....

U got pm. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:19 am

ghkh wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
ghkh wrote:
Cocaa mate, any response or pm fm the committees? Question
Outcome n update if. Tx mate. Smile
Otherwise, I personally think they re nt interested in any proposal..then tats disappointing. Crying or Very sad

So far no one PM me..or contact any of the committees....

U got pm. Wink 

You got PM too....

Back to top Go down
markie
Committee
avatar

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 42
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:53 pm

I am one of the committee (if there is one now???)
Around 2 years ago, the committee met and decide to let the forum run by itself as majority (if not all) of the founding committee cannot afford and dedicate enough time to this forum.

Hence, the forum just remain a forum and that's it. Whoever want to organise events etc can do so if he or she can get enough help.

If anyone wants to take over this forum, great.
I think you can just contact admin (who is one of the committee) and carry on from there......
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:42 am

markie wrote:
I am one of the committee (if there is one now???)
Around 2 years ago, the committee met and decide to let the forum run by itself as majority (if not all) of the founding committee cannot afford and dedicate enough time to this forum.

Hence, the forum just remain a forum and that's it.  Whoever want to organise events etc can do so if he or she can get enough help.

If anyone wants to take over this forum, great.
I think you can just contact admin (who is one of the committee) and carry on from there......

Tx fr the great info, bro markie!  cheers
But I m sadden when this was quoted "the committees MET n DECIDED to let the forum run by ITS OWN!"No No 
And its Since 2 yrs ago!! Shocked 
Now I m fully understood.  Neutral
If this was their objective n intention of this great forum, I m reluntantly surrenderg myself liao.. Sad
A successful company survived only when the bosses sincerely appreciated their staffs delication n commitment n was treated like a family. Wink
Bye bye forum.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:27 am

Yah lor



So don't need mods or chief mods Liao

No wonder recent yrs chief like boh chap boh chap Liao
Back to top Go down
jazz_samz
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6296
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 41
Location : WILD WILD WEST

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Gosh... its sad to see that RDG is now so quiet.....
I am glad to be a part of this forum at the beginning and met alot of nice people here.....
Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 am

I think RDG need to attract new members.... newbie who just pick up golf..

What do newbie wants ?

1) Golf kakis to go course or range regularly...
2) Assistance to take Handicap Test...
3) Trading clubs...
4) A thread where they can intro themselves....and feel welcome...
Back to top Go down
yhliew36
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 am

Well, there is one newbie, Sara130, who, I presume, not interested in golf but to distribute wealth..
Back to top Go down
SteveS
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:43 am

maybe sara130 just need some cash to buy miura , honma or epon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why RDG is like a dead town now?   

Back to top Go down
 
Why RDG is like a dead town now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Town sign another...
» Daiwa Dead Or Alive Swimbait
» some information for you Harrogate Town supporters upon your journey to The Shay - FC Halifax Town
» JULY 10TH Car Show at Crestview Hills Town Center
» Ex Harrogate Town Players

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: