RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.   Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:21 pm

SINGAPORE: HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.

Weeks ahead of the US$8.5 million WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai, the British bank's sponsorship chief told AFP that it already had a "perfect balance" of golf events in the region.

World Sports Group, promoters of the Singapore Open, said in July the event will go on a hiatus this year and will be held in early 2014. Barclays pulled out its sponsorship last year.

"It is not something we look at because we have a truly world-class golf event (in Singapore) -- the HSBC Women's Champions," Giles Morgan, HSBC's group head of sponsorship and events, told AFP on the sidelines of a sports conference in the city-state.

"Last year, 49 out of the top 50 golfers came to that event," Morgan said.

"We don't need to sponsor new golf tournaments. Having one in Singapore and one in Shanghai is a perfect balance for us."

British bank Barclays did not renew its sponsorship of the Singapore Open after last year's US$6 million tournament, which was one of the region's richest but struggled to attract a top-quality field.

- AFP/gn
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.   Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Fine!!!!! I am going to close ALL my HSBC Accts!!!! ok ok I am an ikan bilis, but if everyone of us does that, then we grow into sharks!!!!! ekekkekkekekke Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! 
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.   Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 am

Spiderman wrote:
Fine!!!!! I am going to close ALL my HSBC Accts!!!! ok ok I am an ikan bilis, but if everyone of us does that, then we grow into sharks!!!!! ekekkekkekekke Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! 
True love fr the sport, spiderman mate. Wink
Unfortunately I ll put more money into my saving bcoz they re sponsoring HSBC Woman's Championship still. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.   Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 am

At least we still can volunteer for HSBC ladies...world economy not too good last few years..so cannot no choice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.   

Back to top Go down

HSBC on Wednesday ruled out rescuing the stricken Singapore Open and said they would not sponsor any more tournaments in Asia.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1