RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:35 pm

It took me closed to a decade to truly understand and put into use this....may not be what i think. All are welcome to contribute to this learning topic.

* Follow Thru / Upon impact the club head pushed forward another 5 to 6 inches towards target. Keep head still.

* Finishing / After follow thru, the body turn to left of body, head follow the body and look toward target and ball.

Just my 2 cents worth

tongue 
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:35 am

Make a few swings holding 2 clubs together

This may give you an even sharper sense of the swing
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:01 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

It took me closed to a decade to truly understand and put into use this....may not be what i think. All are welcome to contribute to this learning topic.

* Follow Thru / Upon impact the club head pushed forward another 5 to 6 inches towards target. Keep head still.

* Finishing / After follow thru, the body turn to left of body, head follow the body and look toward target and ball.

Just my 2 cents worth

tongue 

Ya get more fwd shaft lean

Budden make sure u shift yr weight back to left
Not lag it on the right.. Finish in sync..
Rewind yr old videos for comparison on yr range of motions...

For weight transfer jus look for example yr ball picking videos.. U definitely need to transfer yr weight to the front leg to create and anchor before u dip yr hand into the water for impact...

After a decade?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:59 am

Uncle Lau wrote:

Just my 2 cents worth

tongue 

Can show me how head don't follow body? Detached?

Body turn to left of body? Body detached? scratch 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:09 am

Think his body turn to left body means out to in swing
Cos previously his weight on right leg stuck hitting weak shots
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 am

Silver wrote:
Make a few swings holding 2 clubs together

This may give you an even sharper sense of the swing

Yup bro that what shifu told me last game...cyclops 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:19 am

But today had a different feel as if the ground is wet and soft...than cannot dig in ....well have to go back to the drawing board next week.

But keep body still thru follow thru really works for me.....even double bogey lucky got bro cnn121 sharing his putting skill ...just manage to stay under 1008} 

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:07 pm

What you mentioned is release and not follow thru!  Follow thru is normally after that which goes to elbow, arm and/or shoulder level.  With the clubs face open/close, choices of clubs, tempo, it will also dictates, the type of shot you want to play i.e. low check, bump and run, flop and etc.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:21 am

Daffu wrote:
What you mentioned is release and not follow thru!  Follow thru is normally after that which goes to elbow, arm and/or shoulder level.  With the clubs face open/close, choices of clubs, tempo, it will also dictates, the type of shot you want to play i.e. low check, bump and run, flop and etc.

Thanks for the tips...will practise the follow thru to near shoulder level...good advise....study 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you understand what is follow thru and finishing ?    

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1