RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:24 am

Had a AM game at kranji yest w UL, the KID n on two occasions (hole 18 & hole 5), the opposite tee box golfer drives his ball n landed 15yards between our two buggys..Shocked
We drove to his ball n waited fr mins, they came n i tell them the rules n safety! The best fm their quote: Sorry..we shouted liao bt we hear SHIT! It was as quiet as a gd nite sleep hor! Evil or Very Mad
The next was when my kakis was takg his line n address in the bunker, there goes another ball landed behind us approx. 15yards on the rough...After my kakis hit his shot, the opposite fairway golfer drove his buggy to our fairway n stopped, stared at us! confused 
Again i tell him 'YR BALL IS BEHIND US!', and as expected, his quote: SORRY! Evil or Very Mad 
Now I wonderg re these two golfers using NIKE COVERT driver? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 am

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:43 pm

FORE
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Karma will strike

Someday, when those recalcitrant ones get hit by a golf ball and then they will learn

Hopefully not too late
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:53 am

ghkh wrote:
Had a AM game at kranji yest w UL, the KID n on two occasions (hole 18 & hole 5), the opposite tee box golfer drives his ball n landed 15yards between our two buggys..Shocked
We drove to his ball n waited fr mins, they came n i tell them the rules n safety! The best fm their quote: Sorry..we shouted liao bt we hear SHIT! It was as quiet as a gd nite sleep hor! Evil or Very Mad
The next was when my kakis was takg his line n address in the bunker, there goes another ball landed behind us approx. 15yards on the rough...After my kakis hit his shot, the opposite fairway golfer drove his buggy to our fairway n stopped, stared at us! confused 
Again i tell him 'YR BALL IS BEHIND US!', and as expected, his quote: SORRY! Evil or Very Mad 
Now I wonderg re these two golfers using NIKE COVERT driver? Rolling Eyes

The moral of this unfavourable incident...don't played with a kakis whose ball always in the rough. bunkers where spray balls from across from other fairway....cyclops 
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:06 am

I think it's a problem when some did not go for proper golf and etiquette lessons. This is basic. They only learn golfing from friends but not the safety and etiquette part of it.

Also Kranji course design is not so safe, there are many holes a way-off tee shot can reach another teeing ground or green... Guess the club has not done enough to protect the safety of golfers. Declaring OB in between holes is not a solution.

Anyway, since there is no injury, take it easy, just remind them to shout "Fore" in future.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 923
Join date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:03 am

the problem w kranji is tht the trees have not grow enuff yet
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:57 pm





Found this Kevlar golf cap...hope they sell in Singapore soon
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:31 am

Maybe, good to bring air-horn too?
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 38
Location : North of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 am

Uncle Lau wrote:




Found this Kevlar golf cap...hope they sell in Singapore soon

like +100...UL can use army issue one will be better...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:56 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
ghkh wrote:
Had a AM game at kranji yest w UL, the KID n on two occasions (hole 18 & hole 5), the opposite tee box golfer drives his ball n landed 15yards between our two buggys..Shocked
We drove to his ball n waited fr mins, they came n i tell them the rules n safety! The best fm their quote: Sorry..we shouted liao bt we hear SHIT! It was as quiet as a gd nite sleep hor! Evil or Very Mad
The next was when my kakis was takg his line n address in the bunker, there goes another ball landed behind us approx. 15yards on the rough...After my kakis hit his shot, the opposite fairway golfer drove his buggy to our fairway n stopped, stared at us! confused 
Again i tell him 'YR BALL IS BEHIND US!', and as expected, his quote: SORRY! Evil or Very Mad 
Now I wonderg re these two golfers using NIKE COVERT driver? Rolling Eyes

The moral of this unfavourable incident...don't played with a kakis whose ball always in the rough. bunkers where spray balls from across from other fairway....cyclops 

Moral of the story also be don't play with UL....he attracts stray BALLS!!!!!!!!!!
Laughing 
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:52 am

simoner wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
ghkh wrote:
Had a AM game at kranji yest w UL, the KID n on two occasions (hole 18 & hole 5), the opposite tee box golfer drives his ball n landed 15yards between our two buggys..Shocked
We drove to his ball n waited fr mins, they came n i tell them the rules n safety! The best fm their quote: Sorry..we shouted liao bt we hear SHIT! It was as quiet as a gd nite sleep hor! Evil or Very Mad
The next was when my kakis was takg his line n address in the bunker, there goes another ball landed behind us approx. 15yards on the rough...After my kakis hit his shot, the opposite fairway golfer drove his buggy to our fairway n stopped, stared at us! confused 
Again i tell him 'YR BALL IS BEHIND US!', and as expected, his quote: SORRY! Evil or Very Mad 
Now I wonderg re these two golfers using NIKE COVERT driver? Rolling Eyes

The moral of this unfavourable incident...don't played with a kakis whose ball always in the rough. bunkers where spray balls from across from other fairway....cyclops 

Moral of the story also be don't play with UL....he attracts stray BALLS!!!!!!!!!!
Laughing 

Fully agreed!Smile 
Truely agreed! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:53 am

Is driving over the stray ball struck by the golfer from the other fairway who did not shout any warning acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:43 am

Silver wrote:
Is driving over the stray ball struck by the golfer from the other fairway who did not shout any warning acceptable?

Pick the ball up and throw into the pond Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:46 am

Pick the golfer up and throw into the pond too?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:35 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Silver wrote:
Is driving over the stray ball struck by the golfer from the other fairway who did not shout any warning acceptable?

Pick the ball up and throw into the pond Like a Star @ heaven 

Then you pick it up the next game? Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:47 am

15 yards is too close for comfort

Next time this happens again. Say this :

I accept your apology and I accept that you shouted softly

But if this happen again, I am sure I will lodge a complaint against you

Kranji is like a links course. Golfers need to take extra precaution and shout louder!!

You may jus kill or injure someone!
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually, one should shout "Fore" but please mentioned where...i.e. Fore Right or Fore Left.


Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Daffu wrote:
Actually, one should shout "Fore" but please mentioned where...i.e. Fore Right or Fore Left.



Ya and lift yr driver or club up to point to the direction of stray immediately

In case the person can't hear least can see the direction of danger
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
avatar

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 40
Location : Void Deck

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:45 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Silver wrote:
Is driving over the stray ball struck by the golfer from the other fairway who did not shout any warning acceptable?

Pick the ball up and throw into the pond Like a Star @ heaven 

Then you pick it up the next game? Shocked Shocked 

lol. Laughing 

Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:52 pm

daztasiumz wrote:
Daffu wrote:
Actually, one should shout "Fore" but please mentioned where...i.e. Fore Right or Fore Left.



Ya and lift yr driver or club up to point to the direction of stray immediately

In case the person can't hear least can see the direction of danger

Agreed! Wink
Do wat the pro do, the right way hor not UL left way lor...Razz 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:01 pm

As long you heard the slightest shout FORE..just cover your head..read somewhere the ball take 5 second to land;) 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:05 pm

not adopt prone position?
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:49 am

daztasiumz wrote:
not adopt prone position?

This mustn't, bro dazt!Shocked
Its ok it takes 10secs, 15secs to land n on my back, on my legs, on my hands etc...Wink
I m worry tat w UL new kongfu, he might hole-in one (into my ass tat I d been keepg it safe fr 30yrs hor)!Laughing 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 am

ghkh wrote:
daztasiumz wrote:
not adopt prone position?

This mustn't, bro dazt!Shocked
Its ok it takes 10secs, 15secs to land n on my back, on my legs, on my hands etc...Wink
I m worry tat w UL new kongfu, he might hole-in one (into my ass tat I d been keepg it safe fr 30yrs hor)!Laughing 

 

wah .. hole out ? with backspin? the ball spin inside the hole..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&   

Back to top Go down
 
'FORE', so...difficult to shout ma?!#@-£*&
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 'FORE' so...difficult to shout ma!#@%÷×
» Steering Wheel Play Fore and Aft
» Is English a Difficult Language... for some?
» Nsrcc Saturday mornings
» 2006 Work and Play for sale.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: