RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:58 pm

Uncle Lau :-

* Working on - the follow thru without looking up.

* Grounding both feet on the ground

* Constant putter feel when putting

*No to pick balls and focus on the game plan.

Cool

Back to top Go down
ePrivateGolf

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm

The correct swing plane!

Big improvements from a 'Wall Drill': just swing a club with your heels about a foot away from a wall (the wall is behind you of course!) and miss the wall on the back swing and the downswing... every time! it will ensure that your swing plane is upright and not flat, which gives you a chance to hit the ball from the correct position... says my teaching pro!

Up is the future!
Back to top Go down
http://www.eprivategolf.com
simoner
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Undergoing major revamp of swing!

A painful but necessary process...
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 am

I working on putting strokes. My putting really sux! After that, I need to work on on chipping and approach shots! Long game is so much easier to learn compared to short game.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:02 am

Shhhhhhh.... it's a secret.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 am

Since my lousy golf is at a standstill, I am working on instilling negative thoughts in my golf Kakis! Wahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 am

Kookk wrote:
Since my lousy golf is at a standstill, I am working on instilling negative thoughts in my golf Kakis! Wahahahaha!

Ya, this tactic I can testify... haven't tee off, he say sure lost one.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Kookk wrote:

Tell us more.... Cool
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 am

Smooth takeaway
Back to top Go down
ePrivateGolf

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm

The takeaway also... nice and low, move every body part in the same direction and activate your core muscles. No hands action during the takeaway !!!

"The dog is moving the tail, the tail cannot move the dog".

Get it?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 am

Too Chim for me......please enlighten this old man.... confused
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:52 am

Personally I think there are some missing link in the golf swing. There are a lot of emphasis on take off, back swing and impact, but hardly any thing on after impact. Where and how the club head should go, like straight, pull left, push right, pull straight, etc, etc.

How the club head move after impact will affect how your ball flies.
Back to top Go down
ePrivateGolf

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

Okay so for my minute of wisdom let me explain the metaphor:

"The dog is moving the tail, the tail cannot move the dog".

This has to do with the correct sequence in the golf swing.
First you core muscles activate your hips and set your whole body in movement, pulling the shoulders, then the arms, and finally the hands. The power comes from the whole body.

Most amateur golfers do exactly the opposite: hit the ball with their hands and arms, with little or no body turn. The big muscles need to move the small muscles, not the opposite. And then you don't hit the ball at all with your hands: the ball is simply on the way of the club head propelled by a massive downswing with your full body attacking.

That's for my 2 minutes of golf wisdom.

Applying the wisdom is something else by the way!!!
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 am

I'm a beginner. all the while, my impression was the first movement should be the hands, arms, shoulders then the hip. The hip turn only slightly. That's the "loaded" position.

To unwind, the movement should be hip, shoulder, arms then the hands. hip turn slightly. hitting the ball (releasing the lag position) and follow through after impact.

Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

Smooth transition
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am

I'm just happy to hit some balls once a week. I can't even find the time to do that.
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Swing through
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 pm

trying not to quit !!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Swing tempo
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Lately putting sucks big time..guess have to focus on putting tomorrow game
Idea
Back to top Go down
Spiderman
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 am

Wah... all so cheeem one ah..???? Everytime at the Tee, as long as my driver face can connect the golf ball and it goes forward, its a reward for me liao... lol!

spidey
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 am

Spiderman wrote:
Wah... all so cheeem one ah..???? Everytime at the Tee, as long as my driver face can connect the golf ball and it goes forward, its a reward for me liao... lol!

spidey

Same to me Bro........
As long as the ball can launch, im happy liao.......

cheers
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 am

gezt_ho wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

spidey

Same to me Bro........
As long as the ball can launch, im happy liao.......

cheers

Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:41 am

Shoulder turn
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Working on Stack n Tilt and slowing getting there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you been currently working on? Golf Related please !   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next