RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 7-iron play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: 7-iron play   Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am

Assuming 130m distance using 7-iron, almost all Par 4s are reachable in 3 strokes and Par 5s are reachable in 4 strokes

Most fairway bunkers are not in range

Easy for good scoring?
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Must cater for duff, tops, slice and hook...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 pm

My 7i only for 120m, punch out under tree...your kind of plkay are HCP 15...i 23 hor... Cool
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Yes...can b done providg e course played has short par 4 & par 5 (ie: par 4 349m n yr drives approx. 210-230m) Very Happy
Bt usually where do u find such short n gd courses? Question
I tot of MBGC fm white! Laughing
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 55
Location : Farm

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Silver wrote:
Assuming 130m distance using 7-iron, almost all Par 4s are reachable in 3 strokes and Par 5s are reachable in 4 strokes

Most fairway bunkers are not in range

Easy for good scoring?

Doable - every golfer's dream.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 am

ghkh wrote:
Yes...can b done providg e course played has short par 4 & par 5 (ie: par 4 349m n yr drives approx. 210-230m) Very Happy
Bt usually where do u find such short n gd courses? Question
I tot of MBGC fm white! Laughing

I meant playing 3 strokes with 7-iron and Par 4s up to 390m and Par 5s up to 520m (without water at landing points at 130m, 260m and 390m)
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
My 7i only for 120m, punch out under tree...your kind of plkay are HCP 15...i 23 hor... Cool

Your HI is 22.5 for current month, yes?
Back to top Go down
waybalegolf
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-06-07
Location : North East

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:29 pm

If only your 7 iron dispersion for 130m is offline(target) by + - 10m....then you might have a chance for 3 on the green. How many golfers can get consistent tight dispersion on 7 iron...?
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:21 pm

How wide is the fairway at 130m and 260m usually?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Silver wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
My 7i only for 120m, punch out under tree...your kind of plkay are HCP 15...i 23 hor... Cool

Your HI is 22.5 for current month, yes?

Month of November will be 28.... Cool
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm

waybalegolf wrote:
If only your 7 iron dispersion for 130m is offline(target) by + - 10m....then you might have a chance for 3 on the green. How many golfers can get consistent tight dispersion on 7 iron...?

Yea..agreed w Louis. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 7-iron play   

Back to top Go down
 
7-iron play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Steel or cast iron sleeve and where can i get that done
» 2006 Work and Play for sale.
» soft play lures
» Fisher most likely to play tomorrow
» Who should play Centre?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: