HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

HSBC to sponsor big S’pore golf event for 3 years more

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: HSBC to sponsor big S’pore golf event for 3 years more   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm

HSBC Women's Champions in Singapore can look forward to three more years of sponsorship by banking giant HSBC.

Considered amongst the players as "Asia's Major," next year, the annual golf competition will be held from 28 February to 3 March, the bank said in a statement Monday.

The 2012 edition of the tournament was won by Angela Stanford and previous winners include Karrie Webb, Ai Miyazato, Jiyai Shin and Lorena Ochoa.

Leading women golfers welcomed the news. World number one Yani Tseng enthused, "This is fantastic news for women's golf...I haven't won there yet and it is frustrating for me so you can be sure I will be there next year looking to try and add the HSBC Women's Champions title to my trophy cabinet."

Stanford, the defending champion, added, "All of the players love this tournament and we get the feeling that HSBC and their guests enjoy the week as much as we do which is always a nice feeling to have. I very much look forward to defending my title."

The "Champions of Champions" event has one of the most challenging qualification criteria of any golf event in the world. To be sure of their place in the US$1.4 million tournament, a player must have won a LPGA tournament in 2012 or finish the year in the Top 20 on the Rolex Rankings.

Player and venue announcements will take place in the coming weeks.

RDG Editor :- Swee ah...RDG SWAT will start recruitment drive soon... cheers
Back to top Go down
just1singh

PostSubject: Re: HSBC to sponsor big S’pore golf event for 3 years more   Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Power lah... I will be there as Volunteer with another Bro Singh
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: HSBC to sponsor big S’pore golf event for 3 years more   Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks just1singh for your support, not sure if it will be at TMCC or not...i hope it will be at SICC...because i....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HSBC to sponsor big S’pore golf event for 3 years more   

Back to top Go down

HSBC to sponsor big S’pore golf event for 3 years more
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1