RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Pre-game routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 am

Any thoughts or comments with regards to pre-game routine?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:26 am

1. Place tee for ball at Tee-box.
2. Place ball on tee.
3. Walk behind the ball and align brand name or line (if you had drawn it on the ball) to where
your intended/desired the ball to go.
4. Proceed to address the ball.
5. Place club face square to the line of your intended/desired spot.
6. Give the ball a good whack.
7. Stand back and watch the flight of your ball.
8. If ball traveled to your intended/desired spot, give your club a blow, as you would a pistol
after firing a shot that hits the target.
9. Grimace in pain if it sailed OB or into the hazard.

Repeat the above all over if the result is as mentioned in item (9) making sure you are not holding back the others with your adventures. Laughing

P/S: Notice I did not mention practice swing. Yah, that's right. I do not do practice swing. That's my rhythm. To me it makes no difference. Very Happy


Last edited by TDO on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm

TDO wrote:
1. Place tee for ball at Tee-box.
2. Place ball on tee.
3. Walk behind the ball and align brand name or line (if you had drawn it on the ball) to where
you intended/desired the ball to go.
4. Proceed to address the ball.
5. Place club face square to the line of your intended/desired spot.
6. Give the ball a good whack.
7. Stand back and watch the flight of your ball.
8. If ball traveled to your intended/desired spot, give your club a blow, as you would a pistol
after firing a shot that hits the target.
9. Grimace in pain if it sailed OB or into the hazard.

Repeat the above all over if the result is as mentioned in item (9) making sure you are not holding back the others with your adventures. Laughing

P/S: Notice I did not mention practice swing. Yah, that's right. I do not do practice swing. That's my rhythm. To me it makes no difference. Very Happy


Tdo,

Pls dont bs la..... I do all the above. U leh...only.tee then shot
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:28 pm

ahem - pre-game routine leh
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Daffu wrote:
TDO wrote:
1. Place tee for ball at Tee-box.
2. Place ball on tee.
3. Walk behind the ball and align brand name or line (if you had drawn it on the ball) to where
you intended/desired the ball to go.
4. Proceed to address the ball.
5. Place club face square to the line of your intended/desired spot.
6. Give the ball a good whack.
7. Stand back and watch the flight of your ball.
8. If ball traveled to your intended/desired spot, give your club a blow, as you would a pistol
after firing a shot that hits the target.
9. Grimace in pain if it sailed OB or into the hazard.

Repeat the above all over if the result is as mentioned in item (9) making sure you are not holding back the others with your adventures. Laughing

P/S: Notice I did not mention practice swing. Yah, that's right. I do not do practice swing. That's my rhythm. To me it makes no difference. Very Happy


Tdo,

Pls dont bs la..... I do all the above. U leh...only.tee then shot

Ha! Ha! KK,

Read the last sentence. P/S: Notice I did not mention practice swing. Yah, that's right. I do not do practice swing. That's my rhythm. To me it makes no difference. Very Happy

Other than that, I did all the above, in quick succession. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Silver wrote:
ahem - pre-game routine leh

Eh, this one I leave to others to "tahn jia". Laughing
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:01 pm

Silver wrote:
Any thoughts or comments with regards to pre-game routine?

I only ask my playing partners how much we are playing ??? tongue
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Lately i developed this Visualisation Pre-Game routine( which learned in Sport School)...would visualise my shots in a specific golf cours like SICC Sime courser, running thru the shots and layout, than when playing the actual game, i find myself in a similar situation... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Lately i developed this Visualisation Pre-Game routine( which learned in Sport School)...would visualise my shots in a specific golf cours like SICC Sime courser, running thru the shots and layout, than when playing the actual game, i find myself in a similar situation... Very Happy

never too late



I visualize winning the 80 after the game
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:34 am

Pre game or pre stroke routine?

Pre-game, I go temple to pray hope all my kakis lose $$ to me... What a Face
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:57 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Pre game or pre stroke routine?

Pre-game, I go temple to pray hope all my kakis lose $$ to me... What a Face

No wonder how many stroke u give me, I always lose money.
Now I know u have back up!
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
avatar

Posts : 2369
Join date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Go pang sai before the game? ;p
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I noticed many golfers like to queue early in the morning at Poresia changing room toilets. Would those doing that like to share the reason why it can't be done at home before going out?
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Normally will meet fre for breakfast, tcss, neg how many stroke to take etc.
After reach club house, tend to nervous that why need to go toilet to relax yrself lol.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 am

TDO wrote:
I noticed many golfers like to queue early in the morning at Poresia changing room toilets. Would those doing that like to share the reason why it can't be done at home before going out?

No breakfast, not enough pressure... lol!
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 am

NG

Heard u had a 36 for airforce last weekend

3 cheers!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
NG

Heard u had a 36 for airforce last weekend

3 cheers!!

cheers cheers cheers

Thanks! Lucky one lah... suddenly all dept working...
Back to top Go down
pngstream
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 958
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : Milk Farm

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:01 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
NG

Heard u had a 36 for airforce last weekend

3 cheers!!

cheers cheers cheers

Thanks! Lucky one lah... suddenly all dept working...


All pars ?... .. score 36 ,cannot be lucky.
darn good skill. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 pm

pngstream wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
NG

Heard u had a 36 for airforce last weekend

3 cheers!!

cheers cheers cheers

Thanks! Lucky one lah... suddenly all dept working...


All pars ?... .. score 36 ,cannot be lucky.
darn good skill. Very Happy

Soon NG can turn PGA liao..............
Back to top Go down
gezt_ho
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3640
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:08 pm

2 birdie, 2 bogey, the rest Par................
Miss 2 birdie putt cause he has already won money liao, put water a bit for next game.........

Back to top Go down
pngstream
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 958
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : Milk Farm

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm

gezt_ho wrote:
2 birdie, 2 bogey, the rest Par................
Miss 2 birdie putt cause he has already won money liao, put water a bit for next game.........


WOw! 2 birdies , 5 pars..for a nine holes. you are rite that is pro standards. well done, NG

putting water is part of course management. Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:59 am

gezt_ho wrote:
2 birdie, 2 bogey, the rest Par................
Miss 2 birdie putt cause he has already won money liao, put water a bit for next game.........


I tried my best to putt liao... but somehow always feel very tense with short putt, always pull or putt short. Need to overcome this phobia.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 am

pngstream wrote:
gezt_ho wrote:
2 birdie, 2 bogey, the rest Par................
Miss 2 birdie putt cause he has already won money liao, put water a bit for next game.........


WOw! 2 birdies , 5 pars..for a nine holes. you are rite that is pro standards. well done, NG

putting water is part of course management. Laughing Laughing


Thanks Peter!

Really a bit of luck, just like people HiO, they land in the pin, but I land beside the pin for birdie. What a Face

First 9 was playing 45... then second 9, suddenly all working well. It was a good feeling though.
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2012-07-04
Location : mandai

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am

cham ah! this sunday playing with him again. must make him drink beer during game.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 am

rt wrote:
cham ah! this sunday playing with him again. must make him drink beer during game.

haha....

Beer I cannot, sure drunk...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pre-game routine   

Back to top Go down
 
Pre-game routine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Camilo's Workout Routine
» Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!
» March 21, Sunday PM at Starhill Game - Car & Flight Arrangement
» Terrel Bramwell dunking at ROPSSAA All Star game
» GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: