RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:37 am

Do you guys record the number of fairways hits, regulation and putts during a game?

I do, to gauge how I perform and see which department in my game are weak. The others like sand bunker, chipping, OB, hazards are not recorded as it would occupy the whole of the score card.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 am

Yes, I do keep stats..
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 am

No, never record. But I believe you will know yourself which is your weak area when you play the game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:48 am

i am using a iPhone apps call GolfShots to record all these ... Fairways, GIR, Bunkers, Penalty, Putts ...

but at the end of the day, i am always disappointed by all these stats. ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am

What I does and still do is simply tick (√) on the hole number if my ball is on the fairway. Then record the number of putts by writing on the top right corner of the score I just played. From there I can see if I reached the Green in Regulation. Smile
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 pm

I do as well. I used easy scorecard to keep track. Following are my stats for 8 rounds
Putt 1.8, GIR 28.5%, Up and Down 18.5%, Fairway Hit 54.8%, Putt/GIR 2.02, Penalty/Rnd 2.25.
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Neutralgolfer wrote:
No, never record. But I believe you will know yourself which is your weak area when you play the game. Very Happy
I dun record oso.As for me ez:1 hit driver,1 hit fairway wood,1 hit iron and putter pls... Laughing
I only record how much I spent after game... lol!
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Used to n often bt in another form! Smile
I put dots onto e map of each holes. ie: landed fairway abit right or left side, i dot it, 2nd shot landed on e fringe i dot it, 3rd shot chip in, i dot it (exactly near or far fm e pin i dotted it) par or bogey i circle e pin. cyclops
And i kept my written scores clean n clear. Very Happy
However i cant reali do it when playg at MBGC or KRANJI coz too pushg games by timing. Sian... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I used to record it but after sometimes, give it up! too many lines to draw: tee box to red tee to OB to hazard then fringe then 3 putted.

most of the time, also need to find ball at the bushes... Crying or Very sad

really busy at the course...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 pm

TDO wrote:
Do you guys record the number of fairways hits, regulation and putts during a game?

I do, to gauge how I perform and see which department in my game are weak. The others like sand bunker, chipping, OB, hazards are not recorded as it would occupy the whole of the score card.

I only recorded the balls i collect after 18 holes..... Cool
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:01 am

"I only recorded the balls i collect after 18 holes..... Cool "

And if you are lucky you will find more balls than you lose. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:56 am

I use easy scorecard to keep stats. previously used intelligolf that also include distance and side bets..lol
Back to top Go down
markie
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:55 am

Bro TDO,
Charting your own game is always good.
It will help you identify on your weakness.
However, merely knowing your weak points but without the time, means, knowhow to practice is also useless.

I use to do that when I range at least once a week and play once a week.
Nowadays, I dun do it anymore cos I only get to play once every 2 weeks and practice in front of my mirror at home Smile

Hope to have a game with you some day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?   

Back to top Go down

Do you guys record the number fairways hit, regulations and putts during a game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1