RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am

How can I help myself? Had a terrible round and now wondering if a change of clubs/equipment would help...
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

Golf is like that one,sometime gd,sometime bad.If always so gd...can watch you in tv liao Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Haizz...if I need to change set after each bad game, my stock sld be sufficient enough to FESC shops for at least 6mths.

Until someone told me: " Rich man change club, poor man change club!"

I poor man...so no choice...I changed swing!

At the same time, I change my mindset. It's always a blessing to golf no matter what are your scores. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 pm

rocky wrote:
How can I help myself? Had a terrible round and now wondering if a change of clubs/equipment would help...

It may. At least there will be a new honeymoon period. Smile
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:21 pm

rocky wrote:

Just go ahead and buy"..........
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Dunno leh... the last time hand itchy go and change to DG Black Gold... now regret. Don't know if its the shaft or my swing... sigh... I just know everything golf for me is screw up, and it's affecting my everyday life as well.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, guys.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:12 pm

rocky wrote:
Dunno leh... the last time hand itchy go and change to DG Black Gold... now regret. Don't know if its the shaft or my swing... sigh... I just know everything golf for me is screw up, and it's affecting my everyday life as well.

Buy me coffee at TCC and i give you free consultation on personal life and golf.

Key Point :-

* Can you remember when you fall in love with this game called Golf.

* Can you count how many time you played well and played badly ?

* Did you feel that you make full used of your current set already ?

* What your golf objective in the next 3 years ?

* Is your GF playing golf ?

Ask yourself this question 1st, call me for appointment Cool
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:15 pm

rocky wrote:

Bro, DG Gold is a demanding shaft. You need a lot of core muscles to work that thing. Trying some exercising if it helps.

If not, be like me..stick to reg shaft. People, say I should be playing Stiff, I told them I just need my manhood to be stiff....the rest can stay as regular.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 am

rocky wrote:

bro, i have been toying with the idea of changing irons for a long time as well.

my gut feel is, i would rather seek advice from club fitter to find out what's really suitable for my level now, club head, shaft, grip, etc. i am kind of torn between getting a Mizuno club outside, or getting a fitted irons ....both about the same price....

why not go check out some club fitters?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:19 am

Power leh, you. Got template somemore... kekeke

Yes. When my irons were straight and ball flight were pin seeking. LOL...

As of Sept 2011 (haven't updated since because of busy schedule), I have played 80 rounds of golf (pathetic). Of which I score 16 birdies, 223 pars and 469 bogies. I also scored 424 double bogies, 208 triple bogies and 99 XXX bogies. So my answer is Yes to your question.

I had my best streak of golf before my backside itchy and changed shafts. I think the change of shafts threw my swing off balance. There seems to be a change in my lie angle as well, but I cannot be sure. The thing is, the change of shaft gave me additional 10m for 7-PW. But because my wedges are still on the same old shafts, there might be a problem to close the gaps there. I am really not sure.

Golf objective in the next 1 year is to play low 90s. Next 3 years... hard to say. Generally I would be contented to play high 80s - low 90s all my life.

My GFs are my 14 golf clubs, my guitar and my ukulele... lol... My ex-GF plays golf. My wife plays golf. My ex-GF = My wife. LOL...

When you free for coffee? Last time I look for you on a weekday evening you also not in leh....
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:21 am

Daffu wrote:
rocky wrote:

Bro, DG Gold is a demanding shaft. You need a lot of core muscles to work that thing. Trying some exercising if it helps.

If not, be like me..stick to reg shaft. People, say I should be playing Stiff, I told them I just need my manhood to be stiff....the rest can stay as regular.

Bro Daffu, No lah... DG Black Gold reg... very easy to use one... I used to play DG S400. Loved them until my backside itchy go and change them... haiz....

Btw, every manhood should be x-stiff. But sometimes also can relak a bit... kekeke... Smile
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:23 am

s-killer wrote:
rocky wrote:

bro, i have been toying with the idea of changing irons for a long time as well.

my gut feel is, i would rather seek advice from club fitter to find out what's really suitable for my level now, club head, shaft, grip, etc. i am kind of torn between getting a Mizuno club outside, or getting a fitted irons ....both about the same price....

Yes, you are right. I think it's time I visited a club fitter for some advise...
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:04 am

rocky wrote:
s-killer wrote:
rocky wrote:

Yes, you are right. I think it's time I visited a club fitter for some advise...
Rocky,y not u cum to join us tonight at Sigma,maybe can solve yr problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 pm

rocky wrote:
Power leh, you. Got template somemore... kekeke

Yes. When my irons were straight and ball flight were pin seeking. LOL...

As of Sept 2011 (haven't updated since because of busy schedule), I have played 80 rounds of golf (pathetic). Of which I score 16 birdies, 223 pars and 469 bogies. I also scored 424 double bogies, 208 triple bogies and 99 XXX bogies. So my answer is Yes to your question.

I had my best streak of golf before my backside itchy and changed shafts. I think the change of shafts threw my swing off balance. There seems to be a change in my lie angle as well, but I cannot be sure. The thing is, the change of shaft gave me additional 10m for 7-PW. But because my wedges are still on the same old shafts, there might be a problem to close the gaps there. I am really not sure.

Golf objective in the next 1 year is to play low 90s. Next 3 years... hard to say. Generally I would be contented to play high 80s - low 90s all my life.

My GFs are my 14 golf clubs, my guitar and my ukulele... lol... My ex-GF plays golf. My wife plays golf. My ex-GF = My wife. LOL...

When you free for coffee? Last time I look for you on a weekday evening you also not in leh....

Remedy :-

* As you can recalled clearly when you played long and straight shots and remembering all you good and bad scores. Current set don't give you good satisfactory result....You change to current irons with special shafts is because you are playing well with your old set, changing to current set you felt that you could do even better....but you are let down with the performance of your new iron.

* Changing back to old irons or new irons i would say ( My personal point of view ) does make little impact because you don't play that often to run in the new irons. You may not range as much due to your work arrangement for overseas attachment or new mega projects in hand. Like daffu said about your shaft is being a good shaft but need focus, strength and concentration to whip it for maximum power and distance. As we are not getting younger, new work environment, new family planning and adapting to a new family life etc...all this can affect your mental state of mind when you tee up for that 250m drive.

* Tee up now are more challenging cos you have goal in your mind. So a good or bad game can affect your next games and so on. My humble suggestion is to keep a relatively easy to attain score in mind. Play golf purely to enjoy sunshine and friendship and bonding with close buddies and loves one. Whatever the score, take a deep breath and shout out load " It's a good day today !!! "

* As you are starting out with a new family, children in the future, all this can put a full stop to your hobby. Be prepare for this day to come, and real soon. Changing to new sets could further add frustration as you may not have time to run in the new toy. Stay with the current set till you really have time to play semi pro on golf than with future new equipments, than you be spoil for choices.

* Focus what is important in life now, golf can wait, and we have only one life to live. Others golfers have gone thru their own share of up and down in life, their lifestyle is different and everyone, their swing, mental, goals are like flower in Spring to Winter. Do what you think is right in the sight of your family and loves one.

Just my 2cents worth.

I working on weekend in SOTA, you can drop over for Earl Grey Tea at TCC.

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

If you listen to UL, you might as well be swing with 1 leg up... he he he
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

rocky wrote:
Daffu wrote:
rocky wrote:

Bro Daffu, No lah... DG Black Gold reg... very easy to use one... I used to play DG S400. Loved them until my backside itchy go and change them... haiz....

Btw, every manhood should be x-stiff. But sometimes also can relak a bit... kekeke... Smile

My bad bro. what have you changed to?
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:18 am

Golfernam wrote:
rocky wrote:
s-killer wrote:
rocky wrote:

Rocky,y not u cum to join us tonight at Sigma,maybe can solve yr problem Very Happy

Golfernam,

Thanks for the invite, but I already had an appointment on Sat. I think I have to see this guru soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:20 am

Thanks for the advice, UL!
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:21 am

Daffu: I have Dynamic Gold Black Gold (regular flex) on my irons now. They used to be the stock Dynamic Gold S400 (stiff).
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:00 am

Rocky, I think it is more of your swing. Get a coach instead... the same coach which helps golfman and S2S improved so much.... just my 2 cents. What a Face
Back to top Go down
wizzy

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 am

if the BG shafts are not installed correctly, high chance that the cause of your troubles are your shafts.. my understanding is that these shafts have a different set of trimming as compare to all other shafts..
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 am

Thanks, NG! I actually have a coach now. Everything else is not improving... except for one - green side bunker play. It's strange, but now I'm confident about my sand play around the greens. Why? Don't know...
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:53 am

wizzy: serious? Ok. Thanks for the tip. Do you know where I can find more information about the trimming? Or who I could speak to who knows specifically this information?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?   

Back to top Go down

Help: Itching for new clubs after a terrible round. How?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1