Share | 

W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:30 am

The golfers names and golf setting are purely fictional and it only for discussion only

A game of $20 per hole.....golfernam, seiko, and Swing2sky all lost a few $$ to Buaya Lau...if the current hole, Uncle Lau lost to one golfer, all will be square, but if Uncle Lau Bogey or better than all double their losses cheers

Swing2sky ball landed in the front side bunker, Uncle Lau ball too landed in the same bunker as S2S, it roll in and on top of S2S ball, side by side and touching and facing the hole.

S2S will play his ball 1st as it was seen slightly behind Uncle Lau ball and nearer in address to the player. Uncle Lau mark his ball a few inches away. S2S make a sand shot top it and it flew into limbo, S2S used a sand rack and rack the sand and Uncle Lau placed his ball where S2S had rack. Uncle lau played a sand shot and it roll near to hole for a bogey.....

Seiko call for a penalty on Uncle Lau....he said where S2S was getting ready to play his sand shot, Uncle Lau put his ball into his bermuda front pocket while he squat down to tie his shoes laces. Such action already a penalty or lost of hole because Uncle Lau 1st put his ball in the pockets, squatting to tie his shoe laces, such action and movement will result in the bermuda and clothing lining inside to HAVE clean his ball. Seiko further argue that he didn't notice Uncle Lau shoes laces was undo, he suspect Uncle lau did it on purpose so as to have his ball CLEANED inside his bermuda FRONT pocket.

what is Uncle Lau penalty ????

pale

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:43 am

haha, such things can only happen to you guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:46 am

so got penalty??
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 am

waiting for rules official to address this. lol

I believe yes. (can't clean the ball)
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:04 am

Only if you invoke Rules 5, 12 or 22 can your ball be cleaned.

So in this case, which rule was invoked? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:18 am

Wow,still got a long way to learn from u guys.
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:10 am

kp wrote:
Only if you invoke Rules 5, 12 or 22 can your ball be cleaned.

So in this case, which rule was invoked? Very Happy

I'm sorry, what I meant was only if you invoke these 3 rules that your ball CANNOT be cleaned.
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:21 am

definitely cannot clean the ball.

i remember watching a video clips (maybe played by KP) that even a golfer gets to life up the ball from the bunker, she has to be careful not to turn the ball ...

but dunno which rule is it now ... all return to teacher liao ... lol
Back to top Go down
kp
Certified Rules Official
Certified Rules Official

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:05 am

s-killer wrote:
definitely cannot clean the ball.

i remember watching a video clips (maybe played by KP) that even a golfer gets to life up the ball from the bunker, she has to be careful not to turn the ball ...

but dunno which rule is it now ... all return to teacher liao ... lol

Here it is, look at 29 sec of the video Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, where the ball is marked on the bunker and then removed from bunker. Tnder the circumstance then there is no penalty against the ball that is not in the bunker.

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:43 am

Daffu wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, where the ball is marked on the bunker and then removed from bunker. Tnder the circumstance then there is no penalty against the ball that is not in the bunker.

I seen this case in Barclay....Play A and B in the sand bunker, before player A played and rack the sand, Player B marked his ball in the sand with a marker, used two finger to pick up the ball, placed the ball by the apron for everyone to see. After Player A played and rack, player B than again used two fingers to lift the ball and place on the sand.

In this story UL marked and place the ball in his pocket and squat down to tie his shoe lace, by right, social game over a dinner is ok.... it okay, BUT UL rival complained to the Rules Official....than it the Rules Official call.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 93 - cleaned ball....   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1