W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:48 pm

(The names and setting are fictional, just for discussion purpose only)

Uncle Lau and Seiko was locked in their annual Angry bird and Pig Duel in JB, a beautiful golf course with natural setting and with wild boars and monitor lizard roaming the course.

After extensive competitiveness, they were tied to the last hole....Loser buy one table at Lei Garden Singapore.

Hole 18, a straight par 4, both side red sticks with thick bushes and wetlands. Uncle Lau drove his ProV ball into the fairway. Seiko too drove hard into the fairway. Both of them arrived at the spot of their balls. Uncle Lau ball was on top of a huge pile wild boar shit. and Seiko ball was only a meter away. cyclops

Uncle Lau ask for a relieved as he said it was a loose impediment, Seiko refused saying that shit is not a loose impediment but it's just Uncle Lau karma for being a nasty golfer. Seiko insisted that Uncle Lau play as it lie. confused

Uncle Lau have no choice to hold his breath and whacked his ball. As the ball flew out of his unpleasant pile of shit, some of this shit land on Seiko ball a meter away. Now Seiko was angry and insisted Uncle Lau did it on purpose. Seiko want to declare as a winter rules, to mark and to clean his ball with Uncle Lau's golf towel.

Uncle Lau demanded seiko to play his as it lies plus some unpleasant favour on his ball......

Which golfer is right and which golfer will incurred a penalty if he play his ball.....

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, loose impediments is only applicable in putting greens and its not even applicable apron, which is considered as part of the fairway.

So, i would say play as it is unless local rule allows.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:55 am

Daffu wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, loose impediments is only applicable in putting greens and its not even applicable apron, which is considered as part of the fairway.

So, i would say play as it is unless local rule allows.

Think you mistaken, sand is loose impediments on green but not elsewhere... you mistaken sand as loose impediments...

Definition :

"Loose impediments" are natural objects, including:
stones, leaves, twigs, branches and the like,
dung, and worms, insects and the like, and the casts and heaps made by them,
provided they are not:
fixed or growing,
solidly embedded, or
adhering to the ball.

Sand and loose soil are loose impediments on the putting green, but not elsewhere.
Snow and natural ice, other than frost, are either casual water or loose impediments, at the option of the player.

Dew and frost are not loose impediments.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:01 am

Shit would be considered loose impediments but if your ball is on the loose impediments, you may remove provided the ball is not moved or lifted, otherwise have to play as it lies.

UL will have to play as it lies.

As for Seiko's ball, the ball was clean without anything, but later added by UL's swing. Seiko will be given free lift to clean his ball.

Back to top Go down
ranctor
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 am

dew not loose impediment? i thought not allow to remove loose impediment adhere to the ball.
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 am

More details here.

http://www.barryrhodes.com/2009_02_01_archive.html
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 am

W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...PART 2

(The golfers names and setting are fictional, just for discussion purpose only)

Spinning off from Part 1......Seiko, Uncle Lau, daffu and saltydog headed for another golf course deep in Johore, a remote 9 holes course near Segamat.....where the perimeter are not so well guard but the setting is very quiet to cont. the Angry Bird Duel....they played 2 times 9 holes game.

Uncle Lau was one up to the 17 holes, they all drive on the fairway....Uncle Lau drive was a slight fade to the right near to the fences.....Uncle Lau second short of 130m would definitely seal seiko $1k a table at Lee Bai Shenton Towers..... bounce

Out of nowhere, a drunken old man step onto the fairway, still holding a bottle of rice wine....he stumped and felt on top of Uncle Lau ball......Seiko said no relief....daffu when to the tree to pee ....saltydog make a long distance call to KP in Singapore.

Uncle Lau told Seiko that he remember long ago, Tiger Wood ball roll under a big boulder rock, Tiger ask the spectators to move the rock, which they did....so in this case, can daffu and saltydog and some golf maintenance workers to move the dunked man so that he can cont. to play......

Seiko said no such ruling and refused to take heed and insisted that Uncle Lau take a penalty or lose the last hole to draw the duel....

What your verdict ???

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 am

lol. drunken old man consider loose impediment?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...PART 2

(The golfers names and setting are fictional, just for discussion purpose only)

Spinning off from Part 1......Seiko, Uncle Lau, daffu and saltydog headed for another golf course deep in Johore, a remote 9 holes course near Segamat.....where the perimeter are not so well guard but the setting is very quiet to cont. the Angry Bird Duel....they played 2 times 9 holes game.

Uncle Lau was one up to the 17 holes, they all drive on the fairway....Uncle Lau drive was a slight fade to the right near to the fences.....Uncle Lau second short of 130m would definitely seal seiko $1k a table at Lee Bai Shenton Towers..... bounce

Out of nowhere, a drunken old man step onto the fairway, still holding a bottle of rice wine....he stumped and felt on top of Uncle Lau ball......Seiko said no relief....daffu when to the tree to pee ....saltydog make a long distance call to KP in Singapore.

Uncle Lau told Seiko that he remember long ago, Tiger Wood ball roll under a big boulder rock, Tiger ask the spectators to move the rock, which they did....so in this case, can daffu and saltydog and some golf maintenance workers to move the dunked man so that he can cont. to play......

Seiko said no such ruling and refused to take heed and insisted that Uncle Lau take a penalty or lose the last hole to draw the duel....

What your verdict ???

Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Calling KP for ruling.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.I.M.P ? PART 91 ---- Oh....SHIT...   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1