RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Golfer bashed at Kranji course

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 2941
Join date : 2010-11-03
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 am

swing2sky wrote:
Kookk wrote:
I can give the victim the benefit of doubt. Sometimes it might be bad judgement, a bad mishit or just someone blur. Not an excuse for what happened but it could possibly be a honest mistake.

As for the other dude, there are no doubts about the intention of swinging a club at someone's head. Intention can only be to hurt.

I fully agreed that we should give the victim the benefit of doubt. Honest mistake with sincerity must be accepted and given.

But as I said, if bro ng's hearsay story about the victim is correct, I quote "say something like "I already apologize, what do you want? Not happy beat me lah..." then culprit use sand wedge to hit his head..."

Do you still think that a honest mistake challenging the culprit to beat him up is still 'a bad judgement, bad mishit or just someone blur"?

Hitting someone on the head with intention is definitely consider as a criminal assault or even attempt murder if victim is badly injure. Like I said, I pity the culprit who hammer the victim but doesn't mean I agree on his course of action.


Quite tough question.

If I was in the victim's shoes, I might really ask what he wants coz' i really dunno what to do if he refuse to accept the apology. But I won't say hit me la.

If turn around and walk away maybe also kenna bashed for being rude. Laughing


Anyway, unfortunately, i also almost bash someone up at the golf course yesterday! Made me damn pissed!
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:24 am

Have meh??? Who????
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 am

Koo, your buggy mate?
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:01 am

Hahahahaha

I only see him throw his wedge 3 times
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:22 am

Kookk wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Kookk wrote:
I can give the victim the benefit of doubt. Sometimes it might be bad judgement, a bad mishit or just someone blur. Not an excuse for what happened but it could possibly be a honest mistake.

As for the other dude, there are no doubts about the intention of swinging a club at someone's head. Intention can only be to hurt.

I fully agreed that we should give the victim the benefit of doubt. Honest mistake with sincerity must be accepted and given.

But as I said, if bro ng's hearsay story about the victim is correct, I quote "say something like "I already apologize, what do you want? Not happy beat me lah..." then culprit use sand wedge to hit his head..."

Do you still think that a honest mistake challenging the culprit to beat him up is still 'a bad judgement, bad mishit or just someone blur"?

Hitting someone on the head with intention is definitely consider as a criminal assault or even attempt murder if victim is badly injure. Like I said, I pity the culprit who hammer the victim but doesn't mean I agree on his course of action.


Quite tough question.

If I was in the victim's shoes, I might really ask what he wants coz' i really dunno what to do if he refuse to accept the apology. But I won't say hit me la.

If turn around and walk away maybe also kenna bashed for being rude. Laughing


Anyway, unfortunately, i also almost bash someone up at the golf course yesterday! Made me damn pissed!

Just ask yourself this question, if you 're nearly kill by a golf ball, what & how will you react?

Usually, the first reaction is shock, then anger, follow by 'scolding/lecturing' the culprit, if culprit seek forgiveness with sincerity, one will usually forgive and forget.







Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 2941
Join date : 2010-11-03
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:45 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
Koo, your buggy mate?

Myself lor!
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 2941
Join date : 2010-11-03
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:47 am

swing2sky wrote:
Kookk wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Kookk wrote:
I can give the victim the benefit of doubt. Sometimes it might be bad judgement, a bad mishit or just someone blur. Not an excuse for what happened but it could possibly be a honest mistake.

As for the other dude, there are no doubts about the intention of swinging a club at someone's head. Intention can only be to hurt.

I fully agreed that we should give the victim the benefit of doubt. Honest mistake with sincerity must be accepted and given.

But as I said, if bro ng's hearsay story about the victim is correct, I quote "say something like "I already apologize, what do you want? Not happy beat me lah..." then culprit use sand wedge to hit his head..."

Do you still think that a honest mistake challenging the culprit to beat him up is still 'a bad judgement, bad mishit or just someone blur"?

Hitting someone on the head with intention is definitely consider as a criminal assault or even attempt murder if victim is badly injure. Like I said, I pity the culprit who hammer the victim but doesn't mean I agree on his course of action.


Quite tough question.

If I was in the victim's shoes, I might really ask what he wants coz' i really dunno what to do if he refuse to accept the apology. But I won't say hit me la.

If turn around and walk away maybe also kenna bashed for being rude. Laughing


Anyway, unfortunately, i also almost bash someone up at the golf course yesterday! Made me damn pissed!

Just ask yourself this question, if you 're nearly kill by a golf ball, what & how will you react?

Usually, the first reaction is shock, then anger, follow by 'scolding/lecturing' the culprit, if culprit seek forgiveness with sincerity, one will usually forgive and forget.








and in this case, there was no forgive.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:48 am

Kookk wrote:
Neutralgolfer wrote:
Koo, your buggy mate?

Myself lor!

So you use your sand wedge to hit yourself Question affraid
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 am

actually if the perpetrator purposefully hit the ball towards the front flight, in the case of the earlier mentioned Korean players, the victims can take a civil suit against for potentially causing bodily harm with intent..

in case there is an injury, that will tentamount to attempted murder..

cos a golf ball, if hit from distance, plus velocity and hit a human being on the head, is potentially lethal...
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:52 am

that's what happened at my last game at TMCC

there was this player in our flight who thought that his tee-shot cannot reach the flight in front who were in the fairway

he teed off and it must have been a pretty solid contact resulting in the ball landing near the player who looked back at the tee box and waved

said player claimed that he had asked us if the players were out of range and like "what to do?"

we told him to drive up to the front flight and apologize - which he did and came back to say that the golfer accepted his apologies

luckily, there was no further drama

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
actually if the perpetrator purposefully hit the ball towards the front flight, in the case of the earlier mentioned Korean players, the victims can take a civil suit against for potentially causing bodily harm with intent..

in case there is an injury, that will tentamount to attempted murder..

cos a golf ball, if hit from distance, plus velocity and hit a human being on the head, is potentially lethal...

That's the issue here, how do you define 'purposefully'?


Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:57 am

according to ethics and rules of the golf course,

players must wait till the front flight HAS CLEARED THE GREEN AND MOVED OFF, before making their approach shots into the green.

if the distance is makable through any club that you can use, it is best not to attempt it as amatuers like us can make good shots without us knowing it. If we make a sweet shot and land it on the green, there will be trouble.

Like the Koreans, if they had made the shot, shouted "Fore" and then laugh, i will definitely call in the marshals and call the police for attempted causing bodily harm.

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 am

Silver wrote:
that's what happened at my last game at TMCC

there was this player in our flight who thought that his tee-shot cannot reach the flight in front who were in the fairway

he teed off and it must have been a pretty solid contact resulting in the ball landing near the player who looked back at the tee box and waved

said player claimed that he had asked us if the players were out of range and like "what to do?"

we told him to drive up to the front flight and apologize - which he did and came back to say that the golfer accepted his apologies

luckily, there was no further drama


If he did ask the whole flight whether the front flight was out of range and the answer was 'Yes' after checking, he did it with no dangerous play in mind.

Most importantly, he drove up to offer his apology and the 'victim' was gracious enough to accept his apology.

That is the true essence of golf.





Last edited by swing2sky on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
according to ethics and rules of the golf course,

players must wait till the front flight HAS CLEARED THE GREEN AND MOVED OFF, before making their approach shots into the green.

if the distance is makable through any club that you can use, it is best not to attempt it as amatuers like us can make good shots without us knowing it. If we make a sweet shot and land it on the green, there will be trouble.

Like the Koreans, if they had made the shot, shouted "Fore" and then laugh, i will definitely call in the marshals and call the police for attempted causing bodily harm.


You're absoutely right on golf ethic that one has to wait till the front flight has cleared before one's take a shot.
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 am

swing2sky wrote:
Silver wrote:
that's what happened at my last game at TMCC

there was this player in our flight who thought that his tee-shot cannot reach the flight in front who were in the fairway

he teed off and it must have been a pretty solid contact resulting in the ball landing near the player who looked back at the tee box and waved

said player claimed that he had asked us if the players were out of range and like "what to do?"

we told him to drive up to the front flight and apologize - which he did and came back to say that the golfer accepted his apologies

luckily, there was no further drama


If he did ask the whole flight whether the front flight was out of range and the answer was 'Yes', he did it with no dangerous play in mind.

Most importantly, he drove up to offer his apology and the 'victim' was gracious enough to accept his apology.

That is the true of essense of golf.






Agreed, and also, the flight mates are not liable for any mishaps. as the decision to tee off or not lies in the player and not influence from the flight mates
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 am

frankly

i will be darn pissed if the back flight is not patient enough for whatever reasons, including the claim that might occur that "we are slow"

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:10 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Silver wrote:
that's what happened at my last game at TMCC

there was this player in our flight who thought that his tee-shot cannot reach the flight in front who were in the fairway

he teed off and it must have been a pretty solid contact resulting in the ball landing near the player who looked back at the tee box and waved

said player claimed that he had asked us if the players were out of range and like "what to do?"

we told him to drive up to the front flight and apologize - which he did and came back to say that the golfer accepted his apologies

luckily, there was no further drama


If he did ask the whole flight whether the front flight was out of range and the answer was 'Yes', he did it with no dangerous play in mind.

Most importantly, he drove up to offer his apology and the 'victim' was gracious enough to accept his apology.

That is the true of essense of golf.






Agreed, and also, the flight mates are not liable for any mishaps. as the decision to tee off or not lies in the player and not influence from the flight mates

And you can be penalised for asking/helping your flight mate. I kena a few times already from our dear esteem golf rules official, kp.... Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:29 am

like that also can...

hahhaa
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
like that also can...

hahhaa

In the rules of golf, sometimes you get 2 strokes penalty for helping your flight mate. I'm serious about it. Very Happy



Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:35 am

PM me who were your flight mates and i will try my best to avoid em... kakakaka
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:45 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
PM me who were your flight mates and i will try my best to avoid em... kakakaka

Haha...of course the rules officical himself, our dear bro kp... Very Happy

But I like him to be my flight mate, I really learn the true course application on the rules of golf. cheers





Last edited by swing2sky on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:49 am

I like to play with him too... learn a lot of rules...
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 am

swing2sky wrote:
Silver wrote:
that's what happened at my last game at TMCC

there was this player in our flight who thought that his tee-shot cannot reach the flight in front who were in the fairway

he teed off and it must have been a pretty solid contact resulting in the ball landing near the player who looked back at the tee box and waved

said player claimed that he had asked us if the players were out of range and like "what to do?"

we told him to drive up to the front flight and apologize - which he did and came back to say that the golfer accepted his apologies

luckily, there was no further drama


If he did ask the whole flight whether the front flight was out of range and the answer was 'Yes' after checking, he did it with no dangerous play in mind.

Most importantly, he drove up to offer his apology and the 'victim' was gracious enough to accept his apology.

That is the true essence of golf.





we had been drawn to play in the same flight during a medal event

actually, he didn't ask us at all - he thought they were out of range and teed off

seemd like he panicked when he saw the golfer waving back and then claimed that he had asked the other golfers and the fact is none of us told him that the players in front were out of range

furthermore, he asked "what to do?"

we told him to drive to the golfer and apologise

would believe that he learnt some important lessons that day
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:07 am

Silver wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Silver wrote:
that's what happened at my last game at TMCC

there was this player in our flight who thought that his tee-shot cannot reach the flight in front who were in the fairway

he teed off and it must have been a pretty solid contact resulting in the ball landing near the player who looked back at the tee box and waved

said player claimed that he had asked us if the players were out of range and like "what to do?"

we told him to drive up to the front flight and apologize - which he did and came back to say that the golfer accepted his apologies

luckily, there was no further drama


If he did ask the whole flight whether the front flight was out of range and the answer was 'Yes' after checking, he did it with no dangerous play in mind.

Most importantly, he drove up to offer his apology and the 'victim' was gracious enough to accept his apology.

That is the true essence of golf.





we had been drawn to play in the same flight during a medal event

actually, he didn't ask us at all - he thought they were out of range and teed off

seemd like he panicked when he saw the golfer waving back and then claimed that he had asked the other golfers and the fact is none of us told him that the players in front were out of range

furthermore, he asked "what to do?"

we told him to drive to the golfer and apologise

would believe that he learnt some important lessons that day

Hope he learn his lesson on dangerous play.

After attending a few handicap and golf ethic workshop, NSRCC is the only one that focus and put great emphasis on the subject with regards to safety of play, yet this unfortunate incident occurred in their course. Sad

Maybe the victim is not a member of the club.

Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:23 am

was wondering if anyone had been hit by a golf ball before
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   

Back to top Go down
 
Golfer bashed at Kranji course
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kranji NSRCC weekend promotion voucher
» Greatest ever Golfer without a major
» 0750 NSRCC Kranji 23rd Oct 2012 - looking for 2 balls
» Morning Speed Trap near Kranji Golf Course
» The life of the journeyman golfer.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: