RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Golfer bashed at Kranji course

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nix
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 am

GOLF is hardly a contact sport, but a fight broke out between two golfers on Wednesday morning, landing one of them in hospital.

The name of the golfers are not known, but the incident took place at the Kranji Sanctuary Golf Course.

Mr Mohamed Saiful, 35, the senior course marshal, told The New Paper: "When we arrived, the man was sitting on the golf buggy and bleeding from his head. There was blood on his shirt too. We administered first aid as we had been trained to do."

The National Service Resort and Country Club (NSRCC), which runs the golf course, said they are investigating the incident.

Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:29 am

Ice hockey eh?
Back to top Go down
tankh76
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2011-11-25
Location : Punggol

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 am

next time I will wear helmet to play golf .. jocolor
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee
avatar

Posts : 2369
Join date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:43 am

WHAT THE HELL????!!! What is the world coming to?
Back to top Go down
rogoch
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:04 am

huge betting going on
Back to top Go down
nix
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:15 am

I hope the guy is alright.
Back to top Go down
bugbearz
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:36 am

Guys.

Whatever, you all do....Pls....SAFETY FIRST hor....

Pls don confront people because maybe your bicep bigger. Who knows, maybe that guy from shaolin and he do shaolin swordplay with his wedge on you.......Don look for trouble when trouble din find you....
Back to top Go down
moi
Committee
avatar

Posts : 6102
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 40
Location : Void Deck

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 am

Speechless....
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:02 am

I know got sidekick bashed mainkick.....
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1467
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:44 am

O.M.G ! affraid
Back to top Go down
pngstream
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 958
Join date : 2010-02-22
Location : Milk Farm

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 am

A couple of Policemen came on the scene, could not handle the situation ...radio for a station inspector to come & tried to resolved the case..
End up having to confiscate the club as evident & arrested the culprit.
All flights were delayed 1 hr plus.....




Back to top Go down
VR
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 547
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 am

[quote="pngstream"]A couple of Policemen came on the scene, could not handle the situation ...radio for a station inspector to come & tried to resolved the case..
End up having to confiscate the club as evident & arrested the culprit.
All flights were delayed 1 hr plus.....

Wah... a few policemen can't even handle
the situation...got to call for station inspector.
Macham big gang clash!!.. What happen to
this gentleman game called GOLF!!




Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:02 am

Knn

Charge the perpetrator with battery and assault

Gangsters must not get away

Nowadays many types of golfers. No manners one

Back to top Go down
GolfMan
Committee
avatar

Posts : 4259
Join date : 2010-02-19
Age : 47
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:55 pm

Hai...... I always believed and thought, golf is a gentlmen game...!!!
I recently heard alot of such unhappiness quarrel or fight at Kranji course..
Feel abit concern with such behaviour on/with the golfing players.
Please Be nice, patient, concern and gentlmen in game....la....!!!!
Aiyo......!!!!
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:37 am

Why NSRCC? Maybe it is a reservist club and all the former soldiers are still try to practice unarmed combat.. Embarassed

Not surprise another typical slow play and dangerous play incident... Sad
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:55 am

I have played many times at Kranji....and many a time balls just fly across your face ! I don't blamed the golfers but i think the designer of the course should take the blamed !

The course id built on fairly tight area taking into consideration to preserves the nature setting, thus landed is scare.

Any time a golf ball may OB into limbo and landed infront of UL.... What a Face

Therefore the designer should have a review of Kranji course again....

Lastly golfers should show respect, patient and golf etiquette each round they play, anywhere in Singapore and round the world. You ask Freedrop, the golfers around the world always offer him cigars...

Meantime me and salty will play somewhere along MacRitchie Reservoir or Sime Road for the time being.......at least there no one recognize ME
Back to top Go down
BGLeeJohn
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 55
Location : Farm

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:56 am

If it is true ... Very sad case.

The name of this games bringing out the true colour of the person.

How to handle the situation ... on the road or course ?

Well - each individual to the limit.
Back to top Go down
Neutralgolfer
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 6757
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 48
Location : The Best is in the West !

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:37 am

What I heard is typically an inconsiderate golfer (victim) who tee off near the front flight and landed behind the culprit who was in the bunker. Culprit was shock to hear ball landed behind him and when the victim came to apologize, he say something(maybe scolded) to the victim. Victim also one kind, say something like "I already apologize, what do you want? Not happy beat me lah..." then culprit use sand wedge to hit his head...

Ultimately the cuplrit is wrong to hit people, but the victim is asking for it.

We all know that a golf ball can be dangerous if hit on the head. The victim had chosen to ignore the safety of others, just tee off and hoping it will not hit anyone. But the message that the front guy get is entirely different, it is like I am infront but you purposely aim at me, trying to kill me. One can get very furious over such action.

To me, this type of action is like someone holding a gun and ask you to stand infront. Then he aim off and shoot towards you. Though aim off but it may still kill. You are definitely going to get mad and think that this person is trying to kill you.

Be considerate and think of others. Keep a safety landing area for your next shot.

Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:32 am

Neutralgolfer wrote:
What I heard is typically an inconsiderate golfer (victim) who tee off near the front flight and landed behind the culprit who was in the bunker. Culprit was shock to hear ball landed behind him and when the victim came to apologize, he say something(maybe scolded) to the victim. Victim also one kind, say something like "I already apologize, what do you want? Not happy beat me lah..." then culprit use sand wedge to hit his head...

Ultimately the cuplrit is wrong to hit people, but the victim is asking for it.

We all know that a golf ball can be dangerous if hit on the head. The victim had chosen to ignore the safety of others, just tee off and hoping it will not hit anyone. But the message that the front guy get is entirely different, it is like I am infront but you purposely aim at me, trying to kill me. One can get very furious over such action.

To me, this type of action is like someone holding a gun and ask you to stand infront. Then he aim off and shoot towards you. Though aim off but it may still kill. You are definitely going to get mad and think that this person is trying to kill you.

Be considerate and think of others. Keep a safety landing area for your next shot.


If what you heard is correct, I really pity the assaulter. I believe the assaulter must be challenged just like in road hogging incident. He should just kept his cool, report the incident to DC and get the idiot 'victim' suspended.

When I attended NSRCC golf workshop, the instructor warned and emphasized many times that the club viewed dangerous play as their No.1 priority. He related a story similar to the above. One idiot golfer 'similar to the above victim' took a approach shot and landed the ball on the green when the flight infront was still on the putting green. The idiot walked up to the green and apologized. But his method of apology warranted a heavier penalty. He apologized by waving his iron furiously in excitement infront of the victim, "Oh, Sorry, I didn't know my 5 iron so good today". The flight on the putting green reported the idiot to the DC and he was suspended for 12 months. The instructor told everyone in the classroom repeatedly, when you apologize, please apologize with sincerity. Such method of aggressiveness apology was viewed negatively in bad light by the DC. He offered the following course of action -

Ensure that culprit's hold nothing in the hands.

Apologize in sincere tone.

Let the victim 'flight infront' vented his/their anger with words similar to lecturing or scolding. It is only human nature to be angry as victim is nearly kill by the culprit.

Offer to buy watermelon juice for victim to cool down.

If all else still fails with sincerity, at least during DC hearing, culprit will be punished with a shorter suspension term.

Moral of his lecture, dangerous play is still dangerous play, no excuse about it.





Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 2941
Join date : 2010-11-03
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:55 am

I can give the victim the benefit of doubt. Sometimes it might be bad judgement, a bad mishit or just someone blur. Not an excuse for what happened but it could possibly be a honest mistake.

As for the other dude, there are no doubts about the intention of swinging a club at someone's head. Intention can only be to hurt.
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:57 am

ya... to the head will kill the person

should whack the hand, leg or body...

anyway whack which area also same punishment... haha

i also encounter before...

the stupid guy hit the ball to the bunker beside me before i move off.

some more come over and tell me he doesn't wanna alert me and scare me..

lucky i good mood.. else i report him man
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 am

Kookk wrote:
I can give the victim the benefit of doubt. Sometimes it might be bad judgement, a bad mishit or just someone blur. Not an excuse for what happened but it could possibly be a honest mistake.

As for the other dude, there are no doubts about the intention of swinging a club at someone's head. Intention can only be to hurt.

I fully agreed that we should give the victim the benefit of doubt. Honest mistake with sincerity must be accepted and given.

But as I said, if bro ng's hearsay story about the victim is correct, I quote "say something like "I already apologize, what do you want? Not happy beat me lah..." then culprit use sand wedge to hit his head..."

Do you still think that a honest mistake challenging the culprit to beat him up is still 'a bad judgement, bad mishit or just someone blur"?

Hitting someone on the head with intention is definitely consider as a criminal assault or even attempt murder if victim is badly injure. Like I said, I pity the culprit who hammer the victim but doesn't mean I agree on his course of action.



Last edited by swing2sky on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:08 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
ya... to the head will kill the person

should whack the hand, leg or body...

anyway whack which area also same punishment... haha

i also encounter before...

the stupid guy hit the ball to the bunker beside me before i move off.

some more come over and tell me he doesn't wanna alert me and scare me..

lucky i good mood.. else i report him man

I heard your story yesterday, I was laughing non stop upon hearing it.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 39
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am

swing2sky wrote:
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
ya... to the head will kill the person

should whack the hand, leg or body...

anyway whack which area also same punishment... haha

i also encounter before...

the stupid guy hit the ball to the bunker beside me before i move off.

some more come over and tell me he doesn't wanna alert me and scare me..

lucky i good mood.. else i report him man

I heard your story yesterday, I was laughing non stop upon hearing it.... Very Happy




ah? who u hear from hahahhaaa
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
swing2sky wrote:
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
ya... to the head will kill the person

should whack the hand, leg or body...

anyway whack which area also same punishment... haha

i also encounter before...

the stupid guy hit the ball to the bunker beside me before i move off.

some more come over and tell me he doesn't wanna alert me and scare me..

lucky i good mood.. else i report him man

I heard your story yesterday, I was laughing non stop upon hearing it.... Very Happy




ah? who u hear from hahahhaaa

I think I heard it from Jeremy... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golfer bashed at Kranji course   

Back to top Go down
 
Golfer bashed at Kranji course
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Another golfer struck by lightning
» TO all lady golfer....
» Serious News!!!!!!!!! Golfer found dead, body discovered the next day
» Phiten a recovery accessory for golfer too
» The Kranji Battle - 24th April (Sunday) - looking for 1 ball

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: