RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Not that i am busy body or nothing to do....repairing pitch marks, looking for balls to give away.... ...now last few games in NSRCC Changi, Kranji and even last weekend game at SICC Old Course, i have to refill 3 times my sand bottles as i kept repairing other golfers DIVOTS !!!!! (NSRCC Changi) pig

Why nowadays golfers never repair their own divots by just pouring sand over it. It not Singapore course don't provide sand bottle, unlike North course after JB Custom.... silent

I felt nowadays golfers never go thru the strict disciplined like Seletar Base where you must carry sand bottle with you. If you don't, you get warning from the marshal. Even at NSRCC Par 3, i seem many times, golfers just leave behind their the sand bottle ! pig

Another golf etiquette is many also never RACK their own bunker sand mark !!!!! confused

What the rush, just repair divots, rack sand and repair pitch mark, is another way to relax the mind before the next shots.

Sometimes i felt it could be guest golfers that take for granted since it not their home club......

I hope RDGersgolfers are good golfers with good and sound golf etiquette skill. flower
Back to top Go down
David
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 42
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 pm

How about peeing in the bushes? Is that good or bad etiquette? Razz
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1277
Join date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:10 am

marshall rushing from behind mah .... so just have to keep going and going lor ... what to do ... NSRCC has more people than PC show during the weekend .... Razz
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:46 am

UL - you are not a busy body

Page 28 of R&A Rules of Golf refers :

Repair of Divots, Ball-Marks and Damage by Shoes
Players should carefully repair any divot holes made by them and any damage to the putting green made by the impact of a ball (whether or not made by the player himself). On completion of the hole by all players in the group, damage to the putting green caused by golf shoes should be repaired.

Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:24 am

David wrote:
How about peeing in the bushes? Is that good or bad etiquette? Razz

A golfer may pee behind trees or bushes as it is a call of nature or the golfer have a weak bladder. Such act we all must view it with kindness and understanding. Imagine you are struck in JB custom jam for 5 hours.......where can a person pee ? Portable toilet ?? As long the golfer don't held up his flight or flight behind.

I speak for many golfers who pee in the wildness.....
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:28 am

s-killer wrote:
marshall rushing from behind mah .... so just have to keep going and going lor ... what to do ... NSRCC has more people than PC show during the weekend .... Razz

Actually NSRCC weekday and weekend have the same numbers of golfers as each day the teeing time slot and buggies are the same. Cool

Just the weekend , 2 days everyone wants to play while weekday got 5 days for golfers to choose. It the same in all the Singapore Golf Clubs like Sentosa, TMSS, SICC..... Like a Star @ heaven

And PC Show once a year ! cat
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 am

What is Golf Etiquette?
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 am

i think its not called golf etiquette.

its basic understanding of the game

i played with 3 "old men" last sunday. please pardon me for the reference. we are all strangers.

My buggy mate, prob 55 years old.. was irritating

Here are some of the things he did :

1. never repair pitch marks
2. never pull up the flag
3. never offer to replace the flag
4. step on my line when im putting
5. move the buggy when i am about to take the shot
6. keep using his handphone when im about to take a shot
7. move back to the buggy the moment he took his tee shot and not waiting for his flightmates to finish theirs
8. didnt watch the ball for me. in one instance, my ball was on. near pin. his was also on. but was far. has the audacity to ask if im on. i told him. "near pin". he kept quiet
9. after hitting 1 shot on the fairway. went water. he conveniently took another shot from the same position. without consulting us.

thats call no etiquette. nonsense golfer

i didnt talk to him for the entire back 9 jus to show him i am disgusted with him and his playing style
Back to top Go down
YC.Low
Committee
avatar

Posts : 3617
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 am

I like this---(8. didnt watch the ball for me. in one instance, my ball was on. near pin. his was also on. but was far. has the audacity to ask if im on. i told him. "near pin". he kept quiet)
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 am

YC.Low wrote:
I like this---(8. didnt watch the ball for me. in one instance, my ball was on. near pin. his was also on. but was far. has the audacity to ask if im on. i told him. "near pin". he kept quiet)

i mean.. it was a good shot.. the point is... it is very rude to jus take your shot and go back to ur buggy and not observe how ur other flightmates shots were... and still dare to ask!! lucky mine was near pin.. else damn lao kui... knn!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:37 am

Isnt declaration of one's honest HCP also a golf etiq?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Using a small pebble as marker...bad manners (asking on behalf of a friend)

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 am

Daffu wrote:
Isnt declaration of one's honest HCP also a golf etiq?

Let me quote my own statement again.....
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:29 am

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
i think its not called golf etiquette.

its basic understanding of the game

i played with 3 "old men" last sunday. please pardon me for the reference. we are all strangers.

My buggy mate, prob 55 years old.. was irritating

Here are some of the things he did :

1. never repair pitch marks
2. never pull up the flag
3. never offer to replace the flag
4. step on my line when im putting
5. move the buggy when i am about to take the shot
6. keep using his handphone when im about to take a shot
7. move back to the buggy the moment he took his tee shot and not waiting for his flightmates to finish theirs
8. didnt watch the ball for me. in one instance, my ball was on. near pin. his was also on. but was far. has the audacity to ask if im on. i told him. "near pin". he kept quiet
9. after hitting 1 shot on the fairway. went water. he conveniently took another shot from the same position. without consulting us.

thats call no etiquette. nonsense golfer

i didnt talk to him for the entire back 9 jus to show him i am disgusted with him and his playing style

Wow where is this place? NSRCC Changi? Next time play with ur kakis lor then dun kena these stunts
Back to top Go down
Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1909
Join date : 2011-03-22
Age : 40
Location : Kembangan

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:44 pm

ya... NSRCC changi..

and you know wat?

i saw him again on Saturday after finishing my game. he also finished abt the same time.

i wonder who are the unlucky ones playing with him..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!.......not shouting FORE is one of them ! Cool 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:31 pm

David wrote:
How about peeing in the bushes? Is that good or bad etiquette?  Razz

Lol

That one is public indecency

But providing nutrients to the golf course
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Cocaaaa-Colaaaaaa wrote:
YC.Low wrote:
I like this---(8. didnt watch the ball for me. in one instance, my ball was on. near pin. his was also on. but was far. has the audacity to ask if im on. i told him. "near pin". he kept quiet)

i mean.. it was a good shot.. the point is... it is very rude to jus take your shot and go back to ur buggy and not observe how ur other flightmates shots were... and still dare to ask!! lucky mine was near pin.. else damn lao kui... knn!!! Evil or Very Mad

Yah some even go back to their buggy once they finish putting

Ball furthest away from the pin

They putt 3 times consecutively to get it in then walk off

Lol
Back to top Go down
ghkh
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 642
Join date : 2012-03-31
Age : 45
Location : Sgp/HK

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:25 am

I m very proud of myself fr havg completed my full PC course at Old Transview and complete hcp test w 6 holes randomly w written question test too at Old Austin Hills (Nt the new Austin Heights).I love you 
Back to top Go down
daztasiumz
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:38 am

Hi bro ghkh

how are u? u ever experienced golfers with bad golf etiquette?

Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
avatar

Posts : 140
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 39
Location : North of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:28 am

ghkh wrote:
I m very proud of myself fr havg completed my full PC course at Old Transview and complete hcp test w 6 holes randomly w written question test too at Old Austin Hills (Nt the new Austin Heights).I love you 

haha you sure are the best etiquette golfer i played with. Lucky never repair the pitch mark and bring out your gardening tools to trim the green like how you did to your irons after every shot...hahaha
Back to top Go down
rt
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 424
Join date : 2012-07-04
Location : mandai

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:27 am

ot a bit, bro ghkh and daniellee, can we have a game tgt?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:57 am

daztasiumz wrote:
Hi bro ghkh

how are u?  u ever experienced golfers with bad golf etiquette?


Have...someone ask him for 3-2-1....ghkh just turm his head away...that's bad etiquette...Question 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:05 am

ghkh wrote:
I m very proud of myself fr havg completed my full PC course at Old Transview and complete hcp test w 6 holes randomly w written question test too at Old Austin Hills (Nt the new Austin Heights).I love you 

I completed my PC training in OCC and the guesome Handicap Test at Seletar Base Golf Club in 2002. We had to walk 9 holes with the Pro and committee member for 2 hours...as a beginner...it super stress...he passed me becos i keep repairing divot and pitch marks No 
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:06 am

rt wrote:
ot a bit, bro ghkh and daniellee, can we have a game tgt?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Golf Etiquette is DEAD !!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A category for new golfers?
» LV,Gucci,Chanel, Miu Miu, etc of Golf Bags
» Daiwa Dead Or Alive Swimbait
» Mk4 golf gti
» Mk3 Golf Van

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: