RedDotGolfers

Forum for Singapore Golfers
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator
avatar

Posts : 9180
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 25
Location : At the Mecca of Golf

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:27 pm

................
Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 5681
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:11 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
NSRCC...crappy overpriced greens!

Go Sembawang, this is where real men plays...


because of this statement !!! I ONZ you ah ! Like a Star @ heaven

UL, u dont NATO lah! u wont dare to play at SCC one......no standard....
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 am

Seiko wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
NSRCC...crappy overpriced greens!

Go Sembawang, this is where real men plays...


because of this statement !!! I ONZ you ah ! Like a Star @ heaven

UL, u dont NATO lah! u wont dare to play at SCC one......no standard....

Because of another KK statement.....I ONZ YOU AH !!!

Back to top Go down
Seiko
RDG Top Contributer
RDG Top Contributer
avatar

Posts : 5681
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
Seiko wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
NSRCC...crappy overpriced greens!

Go Sembawang, this is where real men plays...


because of this statement !!! I ONZ you ah ! Like a Star @ heaven

UL, u dont NATO lah! u wont dare to play at SCC one......no standard....

Because of another KK statement.....I ONZ YOU AH !!!


Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 am

Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?

I started this thread in 2010....back than i still played in Seletar Air base...a 9 hole cow grass. occasionally a good course like TMCC, SICC for charity or corporates golf...beautiful bermuda...

2009 i boldly enrolled myself for NSRCC (without a single Kakis in sight till i landed in RDG forum) and after 500 over round later in NSRCC bermuda course....i am back to a cow grass course along Thomson and Sime Road...

I discovered my 2nd shots, whether irons, hybrid or wood, i can't seem to have a clean contact on cow grass unlike in NSRCC. I always dig a deep divot, club head punch into ground....it like start playing golf all over again.....

Does this mean i am too pampered by NSRCC well manicured Bermuda course ? My skill level need to reinvent or ask KingCobra or Slinger for some quick tip ? Lately my right elbow suffered a mild case of tennis elbow...possible i slam the cow grass ground too hard ???

Is it my destiny to only play good bermuda courses and not cow grass course ???

So.... Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?



Everywhere man blames nature and fate, yet his fate is mostly but the echo of his character and passions, his mistakes and weaknesses.
Democritus


Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:42 am

1 tip for your consideration - don't wear bermudas at SIC Club.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Silver wrote:
1 tip for your consideration - don't wear bermudas at SIC Club.

Halo...everyone in SICC wear bermudas shorts hor.... colourful golfers are all in NSRCC ....
Back to top Go down
Silver
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 2203
Join date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Wear bermudas when playing on bermuda grass courses and wear cow pants when playing on cow grass courses
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Established Member
Established Member
avatar

Posts : 394
Join date : 2010-02-21
Location : Eastern part of SG

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 pm

UL why torment yourself? Golf is already challenging enuf wanna make it more challenging by playing cow grass?!?!

SICC's new course is Bermuda grass right?

I also started learning at seletar base course. Those were the days. But cow grass really no go man. For me, if I were to spend precious 5 hours to play golf, Bermuda grass is not an option now
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 42
Location : Geylang 6C

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:04 pm

pocketace wrote:
UL why torment yourself? Golf is already challenging enuf wanna make it more challenging by playing cow grass?!?!

SICC's new course is Bermuda grass right?

I also started learning at seletar base course. Those were the days. But cow grass really no go man. For me, if I were to spend precious 5 hours to play golf, Bermuda grass is not an option now


But someone told me that the green can't make it in SICC scratch
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 42
Location : Geylang 6C

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Silver wrote:
1 tip for your consideration - don't wear bermudas at SIC Club.

Halo...everyone in SICC wear bermudas shorts hor.... colourful golfers are all in NSRCC ....

Ya!i'm the one wear colourful in NSRCC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Golfernam wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Silver wrote:
1 tip for your consideration - don't wear bermudas at SIC Club.

Halo...everyone in SICC wear bermudas shorts hor.... colourful golfers are all in NSRCC ....

Ya!i'm the one wear colourful in NSRCC Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:13 am

Cow grass in my opinion is a good training ground, though it has never been my favored surface. It will also test your ability to adapt to a different condition.

BTW, does anyone know whether Johor Golf & CC is built with cow grass? Question
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:08 am

Yes Johor Golf Club is a walking 18 holes and it's a cow grass laid out. Played there many years back with than the club Captain ...Captain Ong.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:45 pm

But if cow grass at JGCC, then I think the cows there are quite friendly (pun intended). Laughing My best score there is 87 last year, off white tee. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:37 pm

I remember i played there...my score was 107....so that means you have to give me...10-10 ah for 8 may RCC golf...thanks bro... Basketball
Back to top Go down
Golfernam
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2011-12-12
Age : 42
Location : Geylang 6C

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
I remember i played there...my score was 107....so that means you have to give me...10-10 ah for 8 may RCC golf...thanks bro... Basketball

Ya...I recall...I played there oso at score 127 last year,so UL...how many u wanna give me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Golfernam wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
I remember i played there...my score was 107....so that means you have to give me...10-10 ah for 8 may RCC golf...thanks bro... Basketball

Ya...I recall...I played there oso at score 127 last year,so UL...how many u wanna give me? Very Happy

I play one hand one leg golf with you....happy ??
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
I remember i played there...my score was 107....so that means you have to give me...10-10 ah for 8 may RCC golf...thanks bro... Basketball

Wah! 10/10..... Let me put my pillow higher tonight before I go to sleep first. With my current form, it's a serious consideration. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Hahaha...bro TDO, you are a funny chap.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:29 am

Yesterday night before I go to bed, and after I put my pillow high high to think about it, I woke up this morning in a daze. A voice appear in my dream and said, "Give them the money Fred, give them the money".
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Errrr...it more like "Why you want to play with Uncle Lau...why why why...."

Cool
Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
avatar

Posts : 3816
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 43
Location : Tanjong Pagar GRC

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Tue May 01, 2012 7:33 am

Fred, you can 18 or even 36, what UL is betting is only Ching teng....

The damage is very little...best is to suggest the 18/36 is applicable for the 1st hole.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member
avatar

Posts : 968
Join date : 2012-02-15
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

KK, yesterday I played well because I got very good company plus, no pressure, plus some luck lah! You saw how I played the last time with David at MGBC, remember? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator


Posts : 19965
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 52
Location : English Bridge Ave

PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   Tue May 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Daffu wrote:
Fred, you can 18 or even 36, what UL is betting is only Ching teng....

The damage is very little...best is to suggest the 18/36 is applicable for the 1st hole.

Thanks Daffu, i keep half bowl of cheng teng for you.... pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?   

Back to top Go down
 
Bermuda grass or Cow grass ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» which part of toronto is grass roots canada located?
» Artificial Grass Pitches
» 220m over grass is a long way!!
» Grass Running
» Getting stuck on grass pitch

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RedDotGolfers :: Red Dot Cafeteria :: Golf Talk-
Jump to: