Every golf ball tell a story...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Every golf ball tell a story...   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 am

Every since i discovered i have a little talent in finding lost balls in the pond and in the woods, braving snakes, red ants, monitor lizards and even wild dogs and golf marshal.....having giving all my balls to the Old Boys Club as an encouragement for them to continue their weekly exercise.....

Weekly i would soaked the found balls in a pail of water and detergent over night, wash them individually and dry them before i call Uncle Donald for the pick up. As i washed and cleaned each balls, i can see the different marking on every balls. Being trained in sport psychology and took part time Social Science in NUS before...i like to shared with everyone the different characteristics of a given individual golfers.

I would share each topic a week as i know everyone won't read a long analytical report....

Marking a golf balls is to indentify each balls before a game. lets take 4 player A, B, C and D..

Player A / 3 blue dots marking
A few times on the course, or woods..i come across two balls lying there side by side or close together. Like lately i found 2 new balls of 3 blue dot marking. I analyzed that this golfer is a good player, teeing off from another fairway, from the condition of the ball, it a new ball. only good player played new ball for $$$ or pride. Player A must have a wayward shots from teebox or fairway, but being a low HCP he cannot believed that his ball went OB or into the woods, SO he played again from the same spot, mulligan perhaps ? he wanted to show his peers, that he can on or even bogey it now having played the second shot...but its a futile effort. the second shots landed the spot near to his first ball. Now these 2 balls is in the bag of Uncle Donald.

(To be Cont.)

Back to top Go down
Daffu
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 am

If you find following with the writting on it "Long D**k", you know its mine.
The brand is Fookinglong.

Razz
Back to top Go down
rocky
Committee

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:36 am

Player A / 3 blue dots marking
A few times on the course, or woods..i come across two balls lying there side by side or close together. Like lately i found 2 new balls of 3 blue dot marking. I analyzed that this golfer is a good player, teeing off from another fairway, from the condition of the ball, it a new ball. only good player played new ball for $$$ or pride. Player A must have a wayward shots from teebox or fairway, but being a low HCP he cannot believed that his ball went OB or into the woods, SO he played again from the same spot, mulligan perhaps ? he wanted to show his peers, that he can on or even bogey it now having played the second shot...but its a futile effort. the second shots landed the spot near to his first ball. Now these 2 balls is in the bag of Uncle Donald.

(To be Cont.)

[/quote]

Please carry on... I am curious how you analysed and concluded that Player A is a low hcp.
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:49 am

Rock, UL believed that only good players will play new ball.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:13 am

Wah lau! Say story say halfway one! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Terence29
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:09 am

UL busy picking balls now. No time to complete the story...
Back to top Go down
bro_edi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:16 am

Interesting reading, please continue UL .....

btw, may i join in ur future ball picking adventure ?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Player A / 3 blue dots marking...cont...

This category of players whether 3 blue marking or red dot or even a black circle mark around the ball number shows that this group of players are well season players. When they played games, or tournaments, they always informed their playing partners their marking on the balls. A social or beginner would never spend that time to painstakingly mark their balls, they just take out any ball, put on the tee and whacked it !!!! cyclops

This group players would used only the same type of balls for months or even years till a better balls come along...thus finding one of player A balls means that it would be months before i would find another...they don't lose ball so easily.Idea

Players A groups balls marking are simple yet it show strength in their selections of marking. 3 blue dots, a red dot, a green dot or even marking a circle around the balls number 2...indicating their HCP index..HCP 2

Player A used or seasons ball seldom find their way to Pre-own shops 50 cents used balls basket. Player A would rather throw it into the pond or river than to be used by another beginner. They cannot bear the sight of their once battle proven or birdie ball flew into the OB or water hazard.

Finally Player A group of balls are good balls like Titleist ProV, TM Penta, NeWing.....or those 3 layer balls for full control spin etc. Finding one is rare but not improssible......

To be continue soon player B balls....the messy balls with lines and marking all over....

UL
RDG Editor
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 am

Now i know UL is hcp 2. This is because his balls have a single red dot marking.

Boys and girls, make sure to take stroke from UL before you tee up with him next round.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:21 am

salty dog wrote:
Now i know UL is hcp 2. This is because his balls have a single red dot marking.

Boys and girls, make sure to take stroke from UL before you tee up with him next round.

Heng ah...it only the boys and girls...not the korkor and JieJie .....
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:28 am

more story to share lay
Back to top Go down
David
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:37 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
salty dog wrote:

Heng ah...it only the boys and girls...not the korkor and JieJie .....

I'm a boy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Continue.....Player B balls....the messy balls with lines and marking all over....

This group of players make up the 80% of the players on the golf course weekly. This are normally the high hcp players, from hcp 26 to PC players. The places these balls are found are usually in the pond, river bed, deep inside the bushes or even left it on the buggy or buggy holding area. I found one even in the halfway house toliet.

This group usually will buy any pre-owned balls from the Pro Shop. As long it look okay, they would buy about a dozen or more. Once they open the bag, they would started to mark their balls, with bright colors or even used their company stamp to stamp (to save time)on it. So if one ball with blue alignment across the ball, he would mark a red alignment line across (to show this balls belongs to them) One would even mark with a star pattern cross or a spider web design over it. As a new golfers, they would like to identify their own balls.

Once on the course, over water, they would used the balls with the most messy marking, very old balls they find or even RANGE BALLS . This types of balls usually found in all PAR 3 course in Singapore. The range to located them are usually over the right side of the fairway bushes and only within 120m marks. As beginner on the course, their drive hardly pass 150m (their range practice may clear over 200m).

On the fairway, this group of ball are sometimes found in bunker or under a tree, because their color would match the shades of the bunker or tree trunk. On PAR 3 course are always by the river or pond bank. Shocked

After a game, if they played very badly, they would just leave it in the buggy or just throw in the water as seem on TV, USPGA.....

All the balls i found or come across, this type would make up 70% of my lucky find. It's too ugly to give to my Old Boys, i always go to Mandai Range and played it.

Next week would write on Player C....Special or colored ball marking.....

UL
RDG Editor

Back to top Go down
hoppie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm

how and where you find balls huh? i interested leh Razz

It's a skill i should acquire since i always lose balls at the green Sad Sianz.

BTW, is it illegal to go walk around a PAR3 course looking for balls?
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 am

hoppie wrote:
how and where you find balls huh? i interested leh Razz

It's a skill i should acquire since i always lose balls at the green Sad Sianz.

BTW, is it illegal to go walk around a PAR3 course looking for balls?

No rule said that you can't walk around to look for lost balls. But if by doing so, there is undue delay, then there is penalty stroke involved.

This is correct, Bro kp? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:48 am

what if i just go there find balls, not play Razz
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:00 am

UL, what about those group of players who do not even care to mark their balls? They just take one from their bag, remember the brand, model and number and just play it. Are these the super lousy players or super "bo chap" type?

Reason i ask i is because i fall under this category. kekekeke
Back to top Go down
swing2sky
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:27 am

hoppie wrote:
what if i just go there find balls, not play Razz

Unless golf marshals allow you lor.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:44 am

salty dog wrote:
UL, what about those group of players who do not even care to mark their balls? They just take one from their bag, remember the brand, model and number and just play it. Are these the super lousy players or super "bo chap" type?

Reason i ask i is because i fall under this category. kekekeke

Good question Salty Dog...this group of players are actually under Player C group. But i can share some info with you 1st before i give an account on Full Player C report next week.

They just take one from their bag, remember the brand, model and number and just play it.
This group will classified under Corporate Players....this group usually played alot of charity, Banking or company golf, they have lots of door gifts which include golf balls with corporate logo and company marking. So on the course, they just take the ball look at it and remember the number or company logo and whacked it. It free and may have alot more. They won't feel pain or upset if 1st shots OB or into pond...they just take another ball out and whacked it....as next corporate game is tomorrow....got FREE balls again.

UL
RDG Editor

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Wah, I'm not corporate player lay. Im a poor retiree. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 pm

salty dog wrote:

But you climb the corporate ladder for 20 years...how many balls you have ??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
salty dog
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
salty dog wrote:

But you climb the corporate ladder for 20 years...how many balls you have ??? Very Happy

Loads of them and many free games. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Mad
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 am

Awaiting account of Player C
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Silver wrote:
Awaiting account of Player C

Coming up real soon ! What a Face Now busy washing 129 balls pick over the last few games at NSRCC Changi. Getting ready to pass to RDG Old Boys ! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every golf ball tell a story...   

Back to top Go down

Every golf ball tell a story...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next